The Met's Deputy Assistant Commissioner Sue Akers gave information to the Leveson inquiry on the number of arrests made by police in connection to the phone hacking scandal:
- 15 current and former journalists have been arrested under Operation Weeting, the Met's probe into alleged phone hacking.
- 12 of those are on bail.
- Six people, including former Sun editor Rebekah Brooks and her husband Charlie, have been charged.
- Forty one people have been arrested under Operation Elveden, the investigation into alleged corrupt payments to officials.
- 23 of those are former or current journalists.
- Four are police officers.
- Nine are current or former public officials.
- Five allegedly acted as go-betweens.
- Seven arrests have been made as part of Operation Tuleta, which is looking at allegations of computer hacking and privacy infringement.