- Check food labels and select products with less salt or sodium.
- Gradually reduce, and then cur out, the amount of salt you add to food during cooking and at the table.
- Use spices, herbs, garlic and lemon instead of salt.
- Make your own meals from scratch.
- Eat fresh meat rather than processed meat.
- Limit the amount of salty snacks you eat.
More top news
A dog has been found with its paws frozen to the ground in a New York park after being chained to a tree.
Dramatic footage has emerged of a mother and her toddler being rescued after their car plunged into an Amsterdam canal on Tuesday.
Beth Tweddle has begun walking unaided following neck surgery after injuring herself during training for TV reality show 'The Jump'.