- Check food labels and select products with less salt or sodium.
- Gradually reduce, and then cur out, the amount of salt you add to food during cooking and at the table.
- Use spices, herbs, garlic and lemon instead of salt.
- Make your own meals from scratch.
- Eat fresh meat rather than processed meat.
- Limit the amount of salty snacks you eat.
More top news
Very warm in the southeast tomorrow
An astronaut on the International Space Station has shared his experiences from outer space in the first Twitter chat from the craft.
Kate is now an advanced diver after passing a Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI) advanced open water diver qualification.