- Check food labels and select products with less salt or sodium.
- Gradually reduce, and then cur out, the amount of salt you add to food during cooking and at the table.
- Use spices, herbs, garlic and lemon instead of salt.
- Make your own meals from scratch.
- Eat fresh meat rather than processed meat.
- Limit the amount of salty snacks you eat.
More top news
Tonight a band of cloud and rain will spread into Scotland and Northern Ireland.
Baronness Warsi has hit out at her own party's London mayoral campaign, suggesting it may destroy any prospect of winning.
After a chilly start to spring with April frosts rather than showers finally warmer weather is on its way.