- Check food labels and select products with less salt or sodium.
- Gradually reduce, and then cur out, the amount of salt you add to food during cooking and at the table.
- Use spices, herbs, garlic and lemon instead of salt.
- Make your own meals from scratch.
- Eat fresh meat rather than processed meat.
- Limit the amount of salty snacks you eat.
More top news
Charities face ICO probe after claims they may have been involved in buying and selling widower's details.
The island of Kivalina in Alaska is quickly disappearing into the ocean, watched by its 400 residents, due to climate change.
German Chancellor Angela Merkel has called on fellow European nations to share the burden of the influx of migrants.