- Check food labels and select products with less salt or sodium.
- Gradually reduce, and then cur out, the amount of salt you add to food during cooking and at the table.
- Use spices, herbs, garlic and lemon instead of salt.
- Make your own meals from scratch.
- Eat fresh meat rather than processed meat.
- Limit the amount of salty snacks you eat.
More top news
Mild in the south but colder in the north tonight and turning frosty and icy - before rain moves in.
ITV News' Tom Brady speaks to billionaire philanthropist Bill Gates about clean energy sources and a new $7bn green tech research fund.
A man accused of killing three people and wounding nine others in a shooting at an abortion clinic in Colorado has appeared in court.