- Check food labels and select products with less salt or sodium.
- Gradually reduce, and then cur out, the amount of salt you add to food during cooking and at the table.
- Use spices, herbs, garlic and lemon instead of salt.
- Make your own meals from scratch.
- Eat fresh meat rather than processed meat.
- Limit the amount of salty snacks you eat.
More top news
Police say they are reviewing 'malicious comments' on social media following the news of the death of two-year-old Kiara Moore.
There will be a new element of performance assessment before pay rises are awarded, writes Political Editor Robert Peston
It has been confirmed that Pope Francis will make a papal visit to Ireland, arriving in Dublin on Saturday 25 August.