- Check food labels and select products with less salt or sodium.
- Gradually reduce, and then cur out, the amount of salt you add to food during cooking and at the table.
- Use spices, herbs, garlic and lemon instead of salt.
- Make your own meals from scratch.
- Eat fresh meat rather than processed meat.
- Limit the amount of salty snacks you eat.
More top news
Patients are waiting hours in an accident and emergency department due to failings in care, a report into an under-fire trust has said.
A report into the care of people with learning disabilities has called for "immediate action" to protect patients.
A high number of people are fed-up with getting cold calls and want the government to do more to stop them.