- Check food labels and select products with less salt or sodium.
- Gradually reduce, and then cur out, the amount of salt you add to food during cooking and at the table.
- Use spices, herbs, garlic and lemon instead of salt.
- Make your own meals from scratch.
- Eat fresh meat rather than processed meat.
- Limit the amount of salty snacks you eat.
More top news
Regional troops have secured the presidential palace in the Gambia's capital but there are fears the former leader has raided state coffers.
The police officer was shot in the arm at a petrol station on the Crumlin Road, but is in a stable condition.
Temperatures tumbling again tonight with a widespread sharp frost and lows of -5C or -6C and icy spots in places