- Check food labels and select products with less salt or sodium.
- Gradually reduce, and then cur out, the amount of salt you add to food during cooking and at the table.
- Use spices, herbs, garlic and lemon instead of salt.
- Make your own meals from scratch.
- Eat fresh meat rather than processed meat.
- Limit the amount of salty snacks you eat.
More top news
Police have confirmed a 26-year-old man from Cornwall has died at the campsite area of the Cheshire festival.
Downpours keeping us on our toes today
The M20 in Kent has been closed in both directions after a pedestrian bridge allegedly collapsed on the motorway on Saturday.