- Check food labels and select products with less salt or sodium.
- Gradually reduce, and then cur out, the amount of salt you add to food during cooking and at the table.
- Use spices, herbs, garlic and lemon instead of salt.
- Make your own meals from scratch.
- Eat fresh meat rather than processed meat.
- Limit the amount of salty snacks you eat.
More top news
Zoo officials said the 17-year-old gorilla was killed to save the life of the boy who had crawled past a barrier into its enclosure.
Head of Germany's Protestant Church said 'extensive' Islam classes in schools could help prevent young Muslims from turning to extremism.
Around 88% of economists questioned by Ipsos Mori said leaving the EU would damage Britain's growth rates over the next five years.