- Check food labels and select products with less salt or sodium.
- Gradually reduce, and then cur out, the amount of salt you add to food during cooking and at the table.
- Use spices, herbs, garlic and lemon instead of salt.
- Make your own meals from scratch.
- Eat fresh meat rather than processed meat.
- Limit the amount of salty snacks you eat.
More top news
Spurs say they are supporting troubled former star Paul Gascoigne after it was reported he had been placed on an emergency three-day detox.
A British jihadi from Portsmouth has been killed fighting in the Syrian Kurdish town of Kobani, currently besieged by Islamic State.
Russell Brand has criticised Newsnight presenter Evan Davis as "insidious" and "rude" following vilification of the star's recent appearance