- Check food labels and select products with less salt or sodium.
- Gradually reduce, and then cur out, the amount of salt you add to food during cooking and at the table.
- Use spices, herbs, garlic and lemon instead of salt.
- Make your own meals from scratch.
- Eat fresh meat rather than processed meat.
- Limit the amount of salty snacks you eat.
More top news
Twitter is to end its video-sharing service Vine.
A Lib Dem peer has quit the party following her suspension for chairing a meeting at which Jews were allegedly blamed for the Holocaust.
A second man has been found guilty for the manslaughter of delivery driver Ali Qasemi who was killed for £52 worth of pizza.