- Check food labels and select products with less salt or sodium.
- Gradually reduce, and then cur out, the amount of salt you add to food during cooking and at the table.
- Use spices, herbs, garlic and lemon instead of salt.
- Make your own meals from scratch.
- Eat fresh meat rather than processed meat.
- Limit the amount of salty snacks you eat.
More top news
Diane Abbott said Labour's position is to have 'less bureaucracy' in order to allow easy movement for EU migrants.
Two police officers were left in a critical condition after they were struck by a car as they were making their way back to their vehicle.
Six people have been killed and a seventh is critically injured after a multi-vehicle crash in Birmingham in the early hours of Sunday.