- Check food labels and select products with less salt or sodium.
- Gradually reduce, and then cur out, the amount of salt you add to food during cooking and at the table.
- Use spices, herbs, garlic and lemon instead of salt.
- Make your own meals from scratch.
- Eat fresh meat rather than processed meat.
- Limit the amount of salty snacks you eat.
More top news
The majority of parents forbid their child to walk to school because they worry for their safety, an exclusive poll has found.
Singer James Blunt has called his best-selling hit You're Beautiful "annoying".
Owners could be fined £20,000, forced to take their dog to obedience classes or have them neutered if the public complain.