- Check food labels and select products with less salt or sodium.
- Gradually reduce, and then cur out, the amount of salt you add to food during cooking and at the table.
- Use spices, herbs, garlic and lemon instead of salt.
- Make your own meals from scratch.
- Eat fresh meat rather than processed meat.
- Limit the amount of salty snacks you eat.
More top news
First Minister Nicola Sturgeon is seeking to make a statement later today on 'the way forward for Scotland after the General Election'.
See how your area fares.
The world's first ever 'hole in the wall' was installed in Enfield, north London, on June 27 1967.