- Check food labels and select products with less salt or sodium.
- Gradually reduce, and then cur out, the amount of salt you add to food during cooking and at the table.
- Use spices, herbs, garlic and lemon instead of salt.
- Make your own meals from scratch.
- Eat fresh meat rather than processed meat.
- Limit the amount of salty snacks you eat.
More top news
Temperatures will be on the warm side tomorrow as much of the country looks forward to a fine bright start to the day.
Welsh international rugby league player Danny Jones has died today after collapsing during a match.
One medical worker told ITV News it was like 'entering your worst nightmare' as they tried to help look after the injured.