Two jobseekers' claims that the Government's back-to-work scheme amounts to "forced labour" have been rejected by the High Court. Their cases were as follows:
- Cait Reilly, a 23-year-old geology graduate, says she was made to do "unpaid menial work" at Poundland without any training or a job interview at the end.
- Jamieson Wilson, a 40-year-old unemployed HGV driver, says he faces losing benefits for six months after refusing to undertake 30 hours' unpaid work a week for up to six months cleaning furniture.
More top news
Amanda Holden has told ITV News of the "horrendous" moment she feared her sister had been caught up in a deadly avalanche on Mount Everest.
Kim Kardashian has said she is "really happy" her step-father Bruce Jenner has found "inner peace" as he transitions to become a woman.
Bournemouth will effectively win promotion from the Championship to the Premier League if they beat Bolton at home on Monday.