- The Sikh faith is the fifth-largest in the world, with more than 30 million followers. It includes belief in one God and that the goal of life is to lead an exemplary existence.
- The temple in Oak Creek, south of Milwaukee, was founded in October 1997 and has a congregation of 350 to 400 people.
- There are an estimated 500,000 or more Sikhs in the United States.
- Since the attacks of September 11, 2001 by Islamist militants, Sikhs have sometimes been confused publicly with Muslims because of their turban headdress and beards.
- Members of the Milwaukee Sikh community complained to police and a state representative last year about an upturn in robberies and vandalism at Sikh-owned gas stations and stores.
More top news
Not as cold as recent nights - any frost will be confined to parts of Scotland and East Anglia where temperatures will just below freezing.
The bodies of the 64 Brazilian victims who died in the Colombian plane crash have begun their final journey home.
He once worked 15-hour shifts at a north London branch of Argos, now Adama Barrow has been declared president-elect in Gambia.