- The Sikh faith is the fifth-largest in the world, with more than 30 million followers. It includes belief in one God and that the goal of life is to lead an exemplary existence.
- The temple in Oak Creek, south of Milwaukee, was founded in October 1997 and has a congregation of 350 to 400 people.
- There are an estimated 500,000 or more Sikhs in the United States.
- Since the attacks of September 11, 2001 by Islamist militants, Sikhs have sometimes been confused publicly with Muslims because of their turban headdress and beards.
- Members of the Milwaukee Sikh community complained to police and a state representative last year about an upturn in robberies and vandalism at Sikh-owned gas stations and stores.
More top news
Michael Buble has been criticised as "disgusting" for posting a picture of a woman wearing tight shorts using the hashtag #beautifulbum.
Vinyl copies of a cover of Monty Python's 'Galaxy Song' recorded by Stephen Hawking go on sale later as part of Record Store Day.
The five-piece dance group do not sing but their choreographed back-flips had the crowd cheering at their audition in tonight's episode.