- The Sikh faith is the fifth-largest in the world, with more than 30 million followers. It includes belief in one God and that the goal of life is to lead an exemplary existence.
- The temple in Oak Creek, south of Milwaukee, was founded in October 1997 and has a congregation of 350 to 400 people.
- There are an estimated 500,000 or more Sikhs in the United States.
- Since the attacks of September 11, 2001 by Islamist militants, Sikhs have sometimes been confused publicly with Muslims because of their turban headdress and beards.
- Members of the Milwaukee Sikh community complained to police and a state representative last year about an upturn in robberies and vandalism at Sikh-owned gas stations and stores.
More top news
Harry and Meghan left Windsor Castle during Sunday afternoon after being hosted by the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh over the weekend.
Clare Waight Keller said it was an "enormous honour" to have been given one of fashion's most coveted jobs ahead of the royal wedding.
As temperatures rise over the coming few days, the risk of thunderstorms across some southern parts