An eight-year-old girl has died after contracting an E. coli infection. NHS Ayrshire and Arran said the child was from East Ayrshire but was being treated in the Royal Hospital for Sick Children in Glasgow after contracting the E. coli O157 strain.
The health board said it has not identified the source of the infection but it does not believe the case is part of an outbreak.
More top news
A woman with amnesia has been reunited with her family in the US after her nephew spotted an appeal to help identify her on TV.
MPs could be asked to authorise airstrikes against IS in Syria in the wake of the Tunisia massacre, the defence secretary has suggested.
Cooler temperatures are forecast after thunderstorms and heavy downpours hit parts of Britain after the hottest July day on record.