An eight-year-old girl has died after contracting an E. coli infection. NHS Ayrshire and Arran said the child was from East Ayrshire but was being treated in the Royal Hospital for Sick Children in Glasgow after contracting the E. coli O157 strain.
The health board said it has not identified the source of the infection but it does not believe the case is part of an outbreak.
More top news
An Australian grandfather has been hailed for his "fantastic survival skills" after keeping himself alive in the bush by eating ants.
A man who was never expected to be able to get out of a wheelchair has shared his first dance with his wife.
Sitting down is no worse for you than standing up as long as you take regular exercise, according to a study.