The Guardian has published this advice on finding the cheaper rail tickets in light of price hikes expected next year. See the full article here.
- Buy a ticket that suits your lifestyle. Season tickets in particular can be very flexible.
- Replace your annual season ticket before the end of the year.
- Buy early. Cheap advance tickets are often released 12 weeks before.
- Get off-peak tickets by travelling after 9:30am and 6:44pm.
- The Trainline website runs an alert system for advance tickets.
The rise in inflation means more misery for commuters as train companies can increase fares up by 6.2%. Will the Chancellor step in?
Today's inflation figures will give an indication of the level of rail fare increase we can expect in January. So what is driving that rise?
Commuters are braced for more misery as inflation figures were higher than expected meaning that train companies can charge more.