The Guardian has published this advice on finding the cheaper rail tickets in light of price hikes expected next year. See the full article here.
- Buy a ticket that suits your lifestyle. Season tickets in particular can be very flexible.
- Replace your annual season ticket before the end of the year.
- Buy early. Cheap advance tickets are often released 12 weeks before.
- Get off-peak tickets by travelling after 9:30am and 6:44pm.
- The Trainline website runs an alert system for advance tickets.