Education officials have tonight admitted the tally of school playing field sell-offs has increased again - just hours after being forced into an embarrassing apology for issuing misleading figures.
Ministers have approved a total of 31 school pitches, 10 more than the Department for Education previously admitted to signing off and one more than the figures that sparked today's statement of apology.
The Department for Education said the tally of 30 sell-offs related to information given to the media from the School Playing Fields Panel but the decision about the 31st school - Newquay Tretherras Academy - did not go before the experts because the school owned the freehold to its land.
More top news
Temperatures have already plunged to -12C in some parts of the UK this winter - but Thursday could be the coldest day yet.
The 86-year-old has been removed from his position as CEO of Formula One as US giant Liberty Media completed its £6 billion takeover.
Donald Trump's press secretary has said the Trump administration's "intention is never to lie to you", amid a row about inauguration crowds.