- March 2008: Damian Rzeszowski finds that his wife, Izabela, has been using Skype to flirt with a Polish man in the US.
- May 2011: Rzeszowski begins to feel depressed "for the first time ever".
- June 2011: Rzeszowski finds out that his wife has been having a two-month affair with another man.
- July 2011: After a visit to his GP, Rzeszowski takes an overdose of pills.
- August 2011: The couple travel to Poland with children for a family holiday in a final attempt to save the marriage. Later the same month, Rzeszowski attacks.
- April 2012: Rzeszowski pleads guilty to six charges of manslaughter.
- August 2012: Rzeszowski found guilty.
More top news
Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe's five-year jail sentence is confirmed despite her husband's campaign to bring her home.
A man who was filmed swallowing a goldfish for a drinking challenge is facing jail.
Paul Nuttall has said the by-election in Stoke will be "very close" and is going to be the "biggest campaign Ukip has ever run".