- March 2008: Damian Rzeszowski finds that his wife, Izabela, has been using Skype to flirt with a Polish man in the US.
- May 2011: Rzeszowski begins to feel depressed "for the first time ever".
- June 2011: Rzeszowski finds out that his wife has been having a two-month affair with another man.
- July 2011: After a visit to his GP, Rzeszowski takes an overdose of pills.
- August 2011: The couple travel to Poland with children for a family holiday in a final attempt to save the marriage. Later the same month, Rzeszowski attacks.
- April 2012: Rzeszowski pleads guilty to six charges of manslaughter.
- August 2012: Rzeszowski found guilty.
More top news
Tory Chief Whip Michael Gove has taken time out from his schedule to claim second place in Westminster's Dog of the Year competition.
An airline safety video features orcs in oxygen masks, elves for flight attendants and epic battlefield scenes.
TV presenters Richard Madeley and Judy Finnigan say they have made a formal complaint after their daughter received rape threats.