- March 2008: Damian Rzeszowski finds that his wife, Izabela, has been using Skype to flirt with a Polish man in the US.
- May 2011: Rzeszowski begins to feel depressed "for the first time ever".
- June 2011: Rzeszowski finds out that his wife has been having a two-month affair with another man.
- July 2011: After a visit to his GP, Rzeszowski takes an overdose of pills.
- August 2011: The couple travel to Poland with children for a family holiday in a final attempt to save the marriage. Later the same month, Rzeszowski attacks.
- April 2012: Rzeszowski pleads guilty to six charges of manslaughter.
- August 2012: Rzeszowski found guilty.
More top news
Pro-gun protesters met Barack Obama in Oregon as he arrived to console victims and affected families of the community college shooting.
A grandmother has been jailed for repeatedly stabbing her 5-year-old grandson because he didn't give her the remote control.
A lonely hearts fraudster who conned five women - including an elderly widow - out of nearly £200,000 has been jailed for eight years.