- March 2008: Damian Rzeszowski finds that his wife, Izabela, has been using Skype to flirt with a Polish man in the US.
- May 2011: Rzeszowski begins to feel depressed "for the first time ever".
- June 2011: Rzeszowski finds out that his wife has been having a two-month affair with another man.
- July 2011: After a visit to his GP, Rzeszowski takes an overdose of pills.
- August 2011: The couple travel to Poland with children for a family holiday in a final attempt to save the marriage. Later the same month, Rzeszowski attacks.
- April 2012: Rzeszowski pleads guilty to six charges of manslaughter.
- August 2012: Rzeszowski found guilty.
More top news
A man who helped officers apprehend a suspected drug dealer by sticking out his foot and tripping him has been hailed a "legend" by police.
Sarah Bartlett was surprised when she received an anonymous card containing £100 as a reward for doing an "amazing job" as a mum
A cat who prowls a station on the hunt for mice has been promoted to become the official pest control manager.