- March 2008: Damian Rzeszowski finds that his wife, Izabela, has been using Skype to flirt with a Polish man in the US.
- May 2011: Rzeszowski begins to feel depressed "for the first time ever".
- June 2011: Rzeszowski finds out that his wife has been having a two-month affair with another man.
- July 2011: After a visit to his GP, Rzeszowski takes an overdose of pills.
- August 2011: The couple travel to Poland with children for a family holiday in a final attempt to save the marriage. Later the same month, Rzeszowski attacks.
- April 2012: Rzeszowski pleads guilty to six charges of manslaughter.
- August 2012: Rzeszowski found guilty.
More top news
Burt Kwouk, best known for playing Inspector Clouseau's manservant Cato in the Pink Panther films, has died aged 85, his agent said.
Andy Murray's hopes of a first French Open title remain intact after he pulled off another great escape against Radek Stepanek
Emergency services are at the scene of a "very serious" digger crash near Glasgow.