- March 2008: Damian Rzeszowski finds that his wife, Izabela, has been using Skype to flirt with a Polish man in the US.
- May 2011: Rzeszowski begins to feel depressed "for the first time ever".
- June 2011: Rzeszowski finds out that his wife has been having a two-month affair with another man.
- July 2011: After a visit to his GP, Rzeszowski takes an overdose of pills.
- August 2011: The couple travel to Poland with children for a family holiday in a final attempt to save the marriage. Later the same month, Rzeszowski attacks.
- April 2012: Rzeszowski pleads guilty to six charges of manslaughter.
- August 2012: Rzeszowski found guilty.
More top news
Man City remain five points behind Chelsea in the Premier League title race after a 1-1 draw at Stamford Bridge
Five NHS trusts in the Midlands have come under fire after it emerged bosses were sitting on more than £134 million of spare cash.
A factory worker's faithful friends saved his life by lying with him to keep him warm when he fell into a diabetic coma in the freezing cold