The LGA have suggested that in order to keep uniform costs down, schools should;
- Choose clothing that is widely available.
- Choose logos or emblems that can be bought as sew-on or iron-on patches.
- Pick a colour scheme rather than a full uniform.
- Give parents the opportunity to buy and sell items.
- Use a plain PE kit that can be used for different sports
More top news
The suspected attack happened in Belfast near a filling station.
Ewan McGregor was joined by co-stars Jonny Lee Miller, Ewen Bremner and Robert Carlyle at the world premiere of the Trainspotting sequel.
The team of best friends took on the 'world's toughest rowing race' in memory of one of their brothers.