The LGA have suggested that in order to keep uniform costs down, schools should;
- Choose clothing that is widely available.
- Choose logos or emblems that can be bought as sew-on or iron-on patches.
- Pick a colour scheme rather than a full uniform.
- Give parents the opportunity to buy and sell items.
- Use a plain PE kit that can be used for different sports
More top news
No one gave him a chance - but Donald Trump has just pulled off one of the greatest feats in modern American political history.
German police are investigating an online picture thought to be of two British men doing a Nazi salute at a former concentration camp.
Late sunshine here and there this evening - but more cloud for southern Scotland, northern England and Northern Ireland again.