The LGA have suggested that in order to keep uniform costs down, schools should;
- Choose clothing that is widely available.
- Choose logos or emblems that can be bought as sew-on or iron-on patches.
- Pick a colour scheme rather than a full uniform.
- Give parents the opportunity to buy and sell items.
- Use a plain PE kit that can be used for different sports
More top news
As the skies clear overnight then temperature's will drop
A woman thought to be travelling to Syria with four children has appeared in court charged with child abduction.
This afternoon it'll gradually brighten up across many parts of the UK.