The LGA have suggested that in order to keep uniform costs down, schools should;
- Choose clothing that is widely available.
- Choose logos or emblems that can be bought as sew-on or iron-on patches.
- Pick a colour scheme rather than a full uniform.
- Give parents the opportunity to buy and sell items.
- Use a plain PE kit that can be used for different sports
More top news
The Queen and senior members of the monarchy will attend services around the world to commemorate the centenary of the battle of Gallipoli.
The Liberal Democrats have proposed to invest an extra £10 million in mental health care for military personnel
David Cameron hopes to set out a positive vision of Toryism for ethnic minorities predicting the UK's first black PM will be Conservative