The LGA have suggested that in order to keep uniform costs down, schools should;
- Choose clothing that is widely available.
- Choose logos or emblems that can be bought as sew-on or iron-on patches.
- Pick a colour scheme rather than a full uniform.
- Give parents the opportunity to buy and sell items.
- Use a plain PE kit that can be used for different sports
More top news
The WWF reports that these new species were all found in 2014 - but that human development is already threatening many of them.
Research into long-term breeding patterns in flies showed that mothers whose ancestors displayed gay behaviour were more fertile.
12 people are confirmed missing with another 30 unaccounted for, with more bad weather on the way.