The LGA have suggested that in order to keep uniform costs down, schools should;
- Choose clothing that is widely available.
- Choose logos or emblems that can be bought as sew-on or iron-on patches.
- Pick a colour scheme rather than a full uniform.
- Give parents the opportunity to buy and sell items.
- Use a plain PE kit that can be used for different sports
More top news
What would the Colonel say? KFC been forced to shut a number of its outlets across the UK after running out of chicken.
A former Birmingham University academic has been jailed for 32 years after abusing and blackmailing more than 40 victims online.
As tuition fees in England continue to prove to be among the most experience in the world, we look at how they compare to other nations.