The LGA have suggested that in order to keep uniform costs down, schools should;
- Choose clothing that is widely available.
- Choose logos or emblems that can be bought as sew-on or iron-on patches.
- Pick a colour scheme rather than a full uniform.
- Give parents the opportunity to buy and sell items.
- Use a plain PE kit that can be used for different sports
More top news
A section of the M3 has been closed and bomb disposal units are at the scene after reports of "potential hazardous material in the road".
Brexiteers have reacted angrily to Emmanuel Macron's demand Theresa May provides greater clarity over Brexit.
The 20-year-old US reality star is reportedly expecting her first child with rapper Travis Scott.