The LGA have suggested that in order to keep uniform costs down, schools should;
- Choose clothing that is widely available.
- Choose logos or emblems that can be bought as sew-on or iron-on patches.
- Pick a colour scheme rather than a full uniform.
- Give parents the opportunity to buy and sell items.
- Use a plain PE kit that can be used for different sports
More top news
It is going to feel far from spring-like other the next few days as we head into March.
Sam Galsworthy, uncle of missing Becky Watts, has spoken about the family's anguish as the search for her continues and they wait for news.
An online video showing a naked man apparently falling down the outside of Buckingham Palace has split opinion online - is it a hoax?