The LGA have suggested that in order to keep uniform costs down, schools should;
- Choose clothing that is widely available.
- Choose logos or emblems that can be bought as sew-on or iron-on patches.
- Pick a colour scheme rather than a full uniform.
- Give parents the opportunity to buy and sell items.
- Use a plain PE kit that can be used for different sports
More top news
Former Girls Aloud singer Kimberley Walsh is pregnant with her second child, she has revealed.
Chancellor George Osborne will seek to reassure financial markets on Monday morning following Britain's decision to leave the EU.
In his first outing since the referendum result, the lead Leave campaigner has outlined his vision for a post-Brexit Britain.