The LGA have suggested that in order to keep uniform costs down, schools should;
- Choose clothing that is widely available.
- Choose logos or emblems that can be bought as sew-on or iron-on patches.
- Pick a colour scheme rather than a full uniform.
- Give parents the opportunity to buy and sell items.
- Use a plain PE kit that can be used for different sports
More top news
All eyes are on the stars as they arrive on the red carpet for the 89th Oscars. But who won in the fashion stakes?
Tributes have been paid to the Labour MP for Manchester Gorton and Father of The House of Commons who has died aged 86.
A very unsettled start to the new week with heavy, thundery, occasionally wintry showers spreading in from the west throughout the day.