The LGA have suggested that in order to keep uniform costs down, schools should;
- Choose clothing that is widely available.
- Choose logos or emblems that can be bought as sew-on or iron-on patches.
- Pick a colour scheme rather than a full uniform.
- Give parents the opportunity to buy and sell items.
- Use a plain PE kit that can be used for different sports
More top news
Expect it to be bitterly cold in the biting wind chill.
It was DiCaprio's night as he won best actor for The Revenant, which swept the board with best film and best director gongs
Sir John Vickers proposed reforms to make the financial system safer. Now he has accused the Bank of England of "going easy" on the banks.