The LGA have suggested that in order to keep uniform costs down, schools should;
- Choose clothing that is widely available.
- Choose logos or emblems that can be bought as sew-on or iron-on patches.
- Pick a colour scheme rather than a full uniform.
- Give parents the opportunity to buy and sell items.
- Use a plain PE kit that can be used for different sports
More top news
MSPs are expected to back Nicola Sturgeon's call for a second independence referendum in a vote at Holyrood on Tuesday.
Adele has said she may never tour again after saying she was "not good" at it and she feels "vulnerable" on stage.
British Cycling's Dr Freeman has told MPs that the controversial jiffy bag delivered to him in France contained only a common decongestant