The LGA have suggested that in order to keep uniform costs down, schools should;
- Choose clothing that is widely available.
- Choose logos or emblems that can be bought as sew-on or iron-on patches.
- Pick a colour scheme rather than a full uniform.
- Give parents the opportunity to buy and sell items.
- Use a plain PE kit that can be used for different sports
More top news
Nina Nannar has an unforgettable encounter with the man who has run the Chanel couture house for more than 30 years.
This afternoon will remain fine and settled for central and western areas of Britain.
A paramedic left her own wedding to help her family following a car crash.