The LGA have suggested that in order to keep uniform costs down, schools should;
- Choose clothing that is widely available.
- Choose logos or emblems that can be bought as sew-on or iron-on patches.
- Pick a colour scheme rather than a full uniform.
- Give parents the opportunity to buy and sell items.
- Use a plain PE kit that can be used for different sports
More top news
There are signs that employers seem to be beginning to decide that the 1.86 million unemployed are not suitable for the jobs available.
Clarke Carlisle "thinks about and prays for" the lorry driver he jumped in front of last year when he attempted to take his own life
The number of veterans seeking help for post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) has risen by more than a quarter over the last year.