The LGA have suggested that in order to keep uniform costs down, schools should;
- Choose clothing that is widely available.
- Choose logos or emblems that can be bought as sew-on or iron-on patches.
- Pick a colour scheme rather than a full uniform.
- Give parents the opportunity to buy and sell items.
- Use a plain PE kit that can be used for different sports
More top news
Experts say a trial into an early Ebola vaccine shows it is safe, but did not perform as well as had been hoped.
Frequent snowfall expected across much of the north this evening and strong northeasterly winds will make it feel noticeably cooler.
A Jewish leader was forced to escape from the camp through a window last night, when he was locked in during a TV broadcast.