The LGA have suggested that in order to keep uniform costs down, schools should;
- Choose clothing that is widely available.
- Choose logos or emblems that can be bought as sew-on or iron-on patches.
- Pick a colour scheme rather than a full uniform.
- Give parents the opportunity to buy and sell items.
- Use a plain PE kit that can be used for different sports
More top news
The banking group has also allocated £283m towards tackling its mistreatment of people in mortgage arrears.
Thursday will be a breezy day with sunshine and blustery showers developing for most of us.
She had been with friends at the station at 11pm the previous evening. Officers are now working to find out how she ended up on the tracks.