The LGA have suggested that in order to keep uniform costs down, schools should;
- Choose clothing that is widely available.
- Choose logos or emblems that can be bought as sew-on or iron-on patches.
- Pick a colour scheme rather than a full uniform.
- Give parents the opportunity to buy and sell items.
- Use a plain PE kit that can be used for different sports
More top news
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arrived at the London Palladium Theatre an hour after scheduled.
A member of circus staff reportedly "neutralised" the big cat.
Warning in force for ice across many northwestern areas.