The LGA have suggested that in order to keep uniform costs down, schools should;
- Choose clothing that is widely available.
- Choose logos or emblems that can be bought as sew-on or iron-on patches.
- Pick a colour scheme rather than a full uniform.
- Give parents the opportunity to buy and sell items.
- Use a plain PE kit that can be used for different sports
More top news
A man with no recollection of who he is has been found in London, with police appealing for help to identify him.
Taxi booking service Uber has reportedly been valued at nearly $51 billion.
Two people have been charged with manslaughter after a woman died while bungee jumping in Spain.