Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg confirmed today that the government has abandoned its proposal for House of Lords reform.
Speaking in parliament, Mr Clegg said he still hopes that plans for a mainly-elected second chamber would be revived in the next parliament as he formally confirmed to MPs that the Bill had been withdrawn.
More top news
Pippa Middleton took civil court action against a "person or persons unknown" after pictures were allegedly taken from her iCloud account.
An 'unarmed' black man, who was reported to be mentally ill, has been shot dead by police in California after his sister called for help.
"Rubble fell in on intensive care patients" in the early hours of Wednesday, medics said.