Olaf Swantee, CEO of EE, has been speaking at the launch of the UK's first 4G network. During his talk, he said:
- There has been a 250% growth in data used by mobile customers
- 4G is five times faster than 3G, letting you watch films on the move
- London, Birmingham, Cardiff and Bristol are the test cities for 4G. By the end of the year, 16 cities will have access to 4G around 20 million people
- By 2014 98% of population will have access to 4G
- Mobiles with 4G include Samsung, Nokia, HTC and Huawei
While all the hype of the 4G launch happens in London, I'm at the real frontline of UK digital technology: Thelkeld in Cumbria.
As new generation mobile Internet is announced in Britain - there are questions about competition, costs and the consumer.
What is 4G,? How will it change our networks? Everything you need to know about 4G.