- 1 in 3 of children live with at least one parent who is a binge drinker (between 3.3 - 3.5 million children).
- A fifth live a hazardous drinker (over 2.5 million children).
- Around 79,000 babies aged under 1 years old in England are living with a parent who is classified as a prolematic drinker.
- Around 26,000 babies under 1 in England are livign with a parent who would be classified as a dependent drinker.
- Binge drinking: Six or more drinks on a single occasion for women; eight for men.
More top news
Heavy showery rain will continue to push northeastwards across the north of Britain during the rest of today.
In case his potential rivals were in any doubt - David Cameron made clear today that he intends to hang around until the election.
A nurse has described the moment medical staff were told not to resuscitate a little boy, after a doctor made a "mistake".