- 1 in 3 of children live with at least one parent who is a binge drinker (between 3.3 - 3.5 million children).
- A fifth live a hazardous drinker (over 2.5 million children).
- Around 79,000 babies aged under 1 years old in England are living with a parent who is classified as a prolematic drinker.
- Around 26,000 babies under 1 in England are livign with a parent who would be classified as a dependent drinker.
- Binge drinking: Six or more drinks on a single occasion for women; eight for men.
More top news
Sydney siege victim Katrina Dawson was killed by police bullet fragments, an inquest has heard.
Experts say a trial into an early Ebola vaccine shows it is safe, but did not perform as well as had been hoped.
Frequent snowfall expected across much of the north this evening and strong northeasterly winds will make it feel noticeably cooler.