- 1 in 3 of children live with at least one parent who is a binge drinker (between 3.3 - 3.5 million children).
- A fifth live a hazardous drinker (over 2.5 million children).
- Around 79,000 babies aged under 1 years old in England are living with a parent who is classified as a prolematic drinker.
- Around 26,000 babies under 1 in England are livign with a parent who would be classified as a dependent drinker.
- Binge drinking: Six or more drinks on a single occasion for women; eight for men.
More top news
Humberside Police rebutted a newspaper's critical article, saying its officers had worked 'long, hard hours during the event'.
It comes as households already face a triple-whammy from airfares, fuel and electricity prices.
The business secretary called the move a 'positive step forward' after the US-imposed tariff sparked fears over jobs in Northern Ireland.