- 1 in 3 of children live with at least one parent who is a binge drinker (between 3.3 - 3.5 million children).
- A fifth live a hazardous drinker (over 2.5 million children).
- Around 79,000 babies aged under 1 years old in England are living with a parent who is classified as a prolematic drinker.
- Around 26,000 babies under 1 in England are livign with a parent who would be classified as a dependent drinker.
- Binge drinking: Six or more drinks on a single occasion for women; eight for men.
More top news
A minute's silence will be held across the UK at midday to remember the victims killed in the Tunisia beach attack a week ago.
Jim Carrey apologises after using a photo of an autistic boy to promote his claims vaccines contain harmful neurotoxins
Newly released files show a proposal to move the population of Hong Kong to Northern Ireland