- 1 in 3 of children live with at least one parent who is a binge drinker (between 3.3 - 3.5 million children).
- A fifth live a hazardous drinker (over 2.5 million children).
- Around 79,000 babies aged under 1 years old in England are living with a parent who is classified as a prolematic drinker.
- Around 26,000 babies under 1 in England are livign with a parent who would be classified as a dependent drinker.
- Binge drinking: Six or more drinks on a single occasion for women; eight for men.
More top news
The mum wrote the emotional letter after her eight-year-old with Down's syndrome was the only child in his class not invited to a party.
More than 1,800 litter pickers will clear an estimated 57 tonnes of reusable items and half a million sacks of rubbish.
Time for Project Let's-Make-the-Best-of-it.