- 1 in 3 of children live with at least one parent who is a binge drinker (between 3.3 - 3.5 million children).
- A fifth live a hazardous drinker (over 2.5 million children).
- Around 79,000 babies aged under 1 years old in England are living with a parent who is classified as a prolematic drinker.
- Around 26,000 babies under 1 in England are livign with a parent who would be classified as a dependent drinker.
- Binge drinking: Six or more drinks on a single occasion for women; eight for men.
More top news
Every school rated as inadequate by Ofsted will be turned into academies under new laws, the Education Secretary has announced.
The new Teletubbies have been revealed - complete with touch-screens on their stomachs.
US whistleblower Edward Snowden has said becoming an "international fugitive" has been worth it.