- 1 in 3 of children live with at least one parent who is a binge drinker (between 3.3 - 3.5 million children).
- A fifth live a hazardous drinker (over 2.5 million children).
- Around 79,000 babies aged under 1 years old in England are living with a parent who is classified as a prolematic drinker.
- Around 26,000 babies under 1 in England are livign with a parent who would be classified as a dependent drinker.
- Binge drinking: Six or more drinks on a single occasion for women; eight for men.
More top news
A son paid off his parents' mortgage for Christmas - reducing them to tears.
Intruders killed an eight-week-old puppy during a failed attempt to steal from a house in East Lothian, police have said.
It will be a cold day today, with temperatures dipping below freezing shortly after dark.