- 1 in 3 of children live with at least one parent who is a binge drinker (between 3.3 - 3.5 million children).
- A fifth live a hazardous drinker (over 2.5 million children).
- Around 79,000 babies aged under 1 years old in England are living with a parent who is classified as a prolematic drinker.
- Around 26,000 babies under 1 in England are livign with a parent who would be classified as a dependent drinker.
- Binge drinking: Six or more drinks on a single occasion for women; eight for men.
More top news
Youngsters are still consuming too much unnecessary sugar and caffeine, according to the study.
Home Office data offers an incomplete picture of the perpetrators and victims, the National Audit Office (NAO) have said.
The report concludes that nine million adults suffer from constant loneliness, which is as harmful to health as obesity or smoking.