- 1 in 3 of children live with at least one parent who is a binge drinker (between 3.3 - 3.5 million children).
- A fifth live a hazardous drinker (over 2.5 million children).
- Around 79,000 babies aged under 1 years old in England are living with a parent who is classified as a prolematic drinker.
- Around 26,000 babies under 1 in England are livign with a parent who would be classified as a dependent drinker.
- Binge drinking: Six or more drinks on a single occasion for women; eight for men.
More top news
A senior health official has called for vitamin supplements for children amid warnings over a rickets 'epidemic'.
The former Top Gear also revealed his cancer scare just two days before the fracas which led to his sacking.
Tonight will start off clear in many areas, but cloud will increase from the east overnight, bringing some light and patchy rain.