- 1 in 3 of children live with at least one parent who is a binge drinker (between 3.3 - 3.5 million children).
- A fifth live a hazardous drinker (over 2.5 million children).
- Around 79,000 babies aged under 1 years old in England are living with a parent who is classified as a prolematic drinker.
- Around 26,000 babies under 1 in England are livign with a parent who would be classified as a dependent drinker.
- Binge drinking: Six or more drinks on a single occasion for women; eight for men.
More top news
The mother of six-year-old Ellie Butler says she is standing by her partner Ben Butler who is accused of battering the child to death.
Marks & Spencer's new Chief Executive Steve Rowe has warned profits at the retailer will be hit whilst the company undergoes a turnaround.
Thomas Cook cabin crew have voted by 3-1 in favour of a strike in a row over health and safety, said the Unite union.