The unions which spoke in favour of a motion calling for a General Strike at the TUC conference in Brighton were:
- Prison officers (proposed the motion).
- Transport workers union RMT (seconded the motion).
- Public sector and commercial workers union PCS
- The Communication Workers Union
- Student accommodation union Unite
The unions which opposed the motion from the conference stage were:
- Professionals union Prospect
- Teachers union NASUWT
- Educational professionals union ATL
- Pilots union BALPA
- Shopworkers' union Usdaw
More top news
The 250kg cake, which took 700 hours to make, covered in 150kg of icing and 30kg of white chocolate ganache.
Clear and cooler conditions to the south and east with lows into single figures.
Police have arrested three teenagers and a man following the shooting of a three-year-old girl with an air gun.