The unions which spoke in favour of a motion calling for a General Strike at the TUC conference in Brighton were:
- Prison officers (proposed the motion).
- Transport workers union RMT (seconded the motion).
- Public sector and commercial workers union PCS
- The Communication Workers Union
- Student accommodation union Unite
The unions which opposed the motion from the conference stage were:
- Professionals union Prospect
- Teachers union NASUWT
- Educational professionals union ATL
- Pilots union BALPA
- Shopworkers' union Usdaw
More top news
Rain across much of the remainder of the country
Singer knocks Oasis from their 18-year hold on the top spot as her third album sells more than 800,000 copies in its first week of release
Francois Hollande has urged British MPs to support David Cameron's plan to launch airstrikes against so-called Islamic State in Syria.