The unions which spoke in favour of a motion calling for a General Strike at the TUC conference in Brighton were:
- Prison officers (proposed the motion).
- Transport workers union RMT (seconded the motion).
- Public sector and commercial workers union PCS
- The Communication Workers Union
- Student accommodation union Unite
The unions which opposed the motion from the conference stage were:
- Professionals union Prospect
- Teachers union NASUWT
- Educational professionals union ATL
- Pilots union BALPA
- Shopworkers' union Usdaw
More top news
Michael Danaher, 50, killed historian and book dealer Adrian Greenwood at his home over a £50,000 first edition copy of Wind In The Willows.
The former Cardiff South and Penarth parliamentary candidate joins Suzanne Evans, Paul Nuttall and Raheem Kassam in the race.
From unnecessary X-rays to misguided blood tests, here is the full list of treatments health experts say will not improve your health.