The unions which spoke in favour of a motion calling for a General Strike at the TUC conference in Brighton were:
- Prison officers (proposed the motion).
- Transport workers union RMT (seconded the motion).
- Public sector and commercial workers union PCS
- The Communication Workers Union
- Student accommodation union Unite
The unions which opposed the motion from the conference stage were:
- Professionals union Prospect
- Teachers union NASUWT
- Educational professionals union ATL
- Pilots union BALPA
- Shopworkers' union Usdaw
More top news
Ridge of high pressure will bring a short period of bright and sunny weather for many tomorrow, however later rain will arrive from the west
Almost three years after the so-called 'Trojan Horse' controversy, a leaked letter obtained by News at Ten reveals concerns remain.
Hundreds of thousands of Rohingyas fled persecution. Now they face being sent to a remote uninhabited island that floods half the year.