The unions which spoke in favour of a motion calling for a General Strike at the TUC conference in Brighton were:
- Prison officers (proposed the motion).
- Transport workers union RMT (seconded the motion).
- Public sector and commercial workers union PCS
- The Communication Workers Union
- Student accommodation union Unite
The unions which opposed the motion from the conference stage were:
- Professionals union Prospect
- Teachers union NASUWT
- Educational professionals union ATL
- Pilots union BALPA
- Shopworkers' union Usdaw
More top news
An inquest has heard Charlie Jermyn died just 30 hours after he was born because he was not given the right antibiotics.
A British traveller was kicked out of Thailand by border officers after using pages of her passport as toilet paper when she was drunk.
Liverpool's owners have performed a U-turn on proposed ticket increases following a mass walkout of fans at weekend's Premier League match.