The unions which spoke in favour of a motion calling for a General Strike at the TUC conference in Brighton were:
- Prison officers (proposed the motion).
- Transport workers union RMT (seconded the motion).
- Public sector and commercial workers union PCS
- The Communication Workers Union
- Student accommodation union Unite
The unions which opposed the motion from the conference stage were:
- Professionals union Prospect
- Teachers union NASUWT
- Educational professionals union ATL
- Pilots union BALPA
- Shopworkers' union Usdaw
More top news
Pregnant women who smoke are more likely to give up if they are given shopping vouchers, new research suggests.
Children are eating the equivalent of seven and a half chocolate fingers for breakfast, campaigners have warned.
Stephen Fry has suggested that the "the patter of tiny feet" may be on the agenda following his wedding to Elliot Spencer.