The unions which spoke in favour of a motion calling for a General Strike at the TUC conference in Brighton were:
- Prison officers (proposed the motion).
- Transport workers union RMT (seconded the motion).
- Public sector and commercial workers union PCS
- The Communication Workers Union
- Student accommodation union Unite
The unions which opposed the motion from the conference stage were:
- Professionals union Prospect
- Teachers union NASUWT
- Educational professionals union ATL
- Pilots union BALPA
- Shopworkers' union Usdaw
More top news
Millwall fans who caused problems at the match against Barnsley could face lifetime bans, the club said.
Counter-terrorism forces, backed by Shi'ite militias on the ground and coalition airstrikes, are moving into the city on several fronts.
A woman involved in a car crash had to be taken to hospital by helicopter with serious injuries.