The unions which spoke in favour of a motion calling for a General Strike at the TUC conference in Brighton were:
- Prison officers (proposed the motion).
- Transport workers union RMT (seconded the motion).
- Public sector and commercial workers union PCS
- The Communication Workers Union
- Student accommodation union Unite
The unions which opposed the motion from the conference stage were:
- Professionals union Prospect
- Teachers union NASUWT
- Educational professionals union ATL
- Pilots union BALPA
- Shopworkers' union Usdaw
More top news
Chancellor George Osborne will seek to reassure financial markets on Monday morning following Britain's decision to leave the EU.
In his first outing since the referendum result, the lead Leave campaigner has outlined his vision for a post-Brexit Britain.
Becoming fresher, unsettled with rain at times as the week goes on.