The unions which spoke in favour of a motion calling for a General Strike at the TUC conference in Brighton were:
- Prison officers (proposed the motion).
- Transport workers union RMT (seconded the motion).
- Public sector and commercial workers union PCS
- The Communication Workers Union
- Student accommodation union Unite
The unions which opposed the motion from the conference stage were:
- Professionals union Prospect
- Teachers union NASUWT
- Educational professionals union ATL
- Pilots union BALPA
- Shopworkers' union Usdaw
More top news
The IMF's forecast for global growth has been cut to 3.1% - a fifth successive year of declining growth, the weakest performance since 2009.
Coronation Street actor Ryan Thomas is to quit the show after more than 15 years.
Fresh violence has erupted in the West Bank following the death of a 13-year-old boy, sparking fears of a new Palestinian uprising.