The unions which spoke in favour of a motion calling for a General Strike at the TUC conference in Brighton were:
- Prison officers (proposed the motion).
- Transport workers union RMT (seconded the motion).
- Public sector and commercial workers union PCS
- The Communication Workers Union
- Student accommodation union Unite
The unions which opposed the motion from the conference stage were:
- Professionals union Prospect
- Teachers union NASUWT
- Educational professionals union ATL
- Pilots union BALPA
- Shopworkers' union Usdaw
More top news
It ends a political standoff that briefly saw Yahya Jammeh and Adama Barrow claiming leadership of this tiny West African nation.
Britain is braced for sub-zero temperatures expected to bring 'harsh frost' through next week.
The historic moment was watched by 500 people in the Church in Wales who cheered after the ceremony.