The unions which spoke in favour of a motion calling for a General Strike at the TUC conference in Brighton were:
- Prison officers (proposed the motion).
- Transport workers union RMT (seconded the motion).
- Public sector and commercial workers union PCS
- The Communication Workers Union
- Student accommodation union Unite
The unions which opposed the motion from the conference stage were:
- Professionals union Prospect
- Teachers union NASUWT
- Educational professionals union ATL
- Pilots union BALPA
- Shopworkers' union Usdaw
More top news
Colin Kaepernick refused to stand for the national anthem at a pre-season game in protest at what he sees as racial injustice.
Showers could be heavy for a time but most should still enjoy sunny spells.
The chief executive of EDF has urged the government to go ahead with the new nuclear plant.