The unions which spoke in favour of a motion calling for a General Strike at the TUC conference in Brighton were:
- Prison officers (proposed the motion).
- Transport workers union RMT (seconded the motion).
- Public sector and commercial workers union PCS
- The Communication Workers Union
- Student accommodation union Unite
The unions which opposed the motion from the conference stage were:
- Professionals union Prospect
- Teachers union NASUWT
- Educational professionals union ATL
- Pilots union BALPA
- Shopworkers' union Usdaw
More top news
A former Germany international goalkeeper claims he has been offered a contract to become a wrestler with World Wrestling Entertainment.
George, a ten-year-old goldfish, was given a life-saving operation after developing a tumour. His hospital says it went "swimmingly".
A Belgian man convicted of murder and rape will be allowed to let doctors end his life following a controversial ruling.