The unions which spoke in favour of a motion calling for a General Strike at the TUC conference in Brighton were:
- Prison officers (proposed the motion).
- Transport workers union RMT (seconded the motion).
- Public sector and commercial workers union PCS
- The Communication Workers Union
- Student accommodation union Unite
The unions which opposed the motion from the conference stage were:
- Professionals union Prospect
- Teachers union NASUWT
- Educational professionals union ATL
- Pilots union BALPA
- Shopworkers' union Usdaw
More top news
A vicar who was diagnosed with HIV after being attacked two years ago has created a powerful video to share her story with her congregation.
A man miraculously survived being shot near his home with a sawn-off shotgun when his mobile phone took the brunt of the blast.
A video of basketball player's daughter has gone viral after the cute two-year-old turned on the charm to eclipse her superstar dad.