The unions which spoke in favour of a motion calling for a General Strike at the TUC conference in Brighton were:
- Prison officers (proposed the motion).
- Transport workers union RMT (seconded the motion).
- Public sector and commercial workers union PCS
- The Communication Workers Union
- Student accommodation union Unite
The unions which opposed the motion from the conference stage were:
- Professionals union Prospect
- Teachers union NASUWT
- Educational professionals union ATL
- Pilots union BALPA
- Shopworkers' union Usdaw
More top news
An American beer company has apologised after a slogan which appeared on some of its bottles was accused of condoning 'rape culture.'
The badly-stricken mountain village of Ghyampesal is just 10 miles away from the epicentre of the quake.
It's all going on tonight - as belt of rain sweeps from in from the west - lively downpours will mean rumbles of thunder and hail