The unions which spoke in favour of a motion calling for a General Strike at the TUC conference in Brighton were:
- Prison officers (proposed the motion).
- Transport workers union RMT (seconded the motion).
- Public sector and commercial workers union PCS
- The Communication Workers Union
- Student accommodation union Unite
The unions which opposed the motion from the conference stage were:
- Professionals union Prospect
- Teachers union NASUWT
- Educational professionals union ATL
- Pilots union BALPA
- Shopworkers' union Usdaw
More top news
Culture Secretary is mulling over a bar on the broadcaster going head-to-head with commercial rivals as part of the review of its charter.
EastEnders stalwart Dame Barbara, 78, is leaving the soap and her final episodes as Peggy Mitchell will be shown in just over a week.
The victims, named as Jamonicka Johnson, Von Johnson Jr., Devonte Asberry, Venetia Asberry, and Lenda Asberry, drowned in Texas.