The unions which spoke in favour of a motion calling for a General Strike at the TUC conference in Brighton were:
- Prison officers (proposed the motion).
- Transport workers union RMT (seconded the motion).
- Public sector and commercial workers union PCS
- The Communication Workers Union
- Student accommodation union Unite
The unions which opposed the motion from the conference stage were:
- Professionals union Prospect
- Teachers union NASUWT
- Educational professionals union ATL
- Pilots union BALPA
- Shopworkers' union Usdaw
More top news
It will be a cold day today, with temperatures dipping below freezing shortly after dark.
Two police officers stepped in to help deliver a newborn on Christmas Day in a dramatic intervention caught on camera.
Sir Bruce Forsyth has admitted he does not miss Strictly Come Dancing, describing his time hosting the show as a "lonely" experience.