The unions which spoke in favour of a motion calling for a General Strike at the TUC conference in Brighton were:
- Prison officers (proposed the motion).
- Transport workers union RMT (seconded the motion).
- Public sector and commercial workers union PCS
- The Communication Workers Union
- Student accommodation union Unite
The unions which opposed the motion from the conference stage were:
- Professionals union Prospect
- Teachers union NASUWT
- Educational professionals union ATL
- Pilots union BALPA
- Shopworkers' union Usdaw
More top news
The 4G mobile provider had been failing to let users know that they were entitled to take complaints elsewhere for free.
A Bubble Wrap which doesn't pop has been created - and people are devastated.
Dustin Brown recorded a famous win over Rafael Nadal at Wimbledon - here's 10 things you may not have known about him