- Ricky Hatton makes his professional debut in 1997 against Colin McAuley.
- On 5 June 2005 Hatton defeats Light Welterweight Champion Kostya Tszyu.
- Hatton wins the WBA Welterweight crown from Luis Collazo in 2006.
- On 20 January 2007 Hatton beats Juan Urango to win the IBF Light Welterweight title.
- On 23 June 2007 Hatton knocks out former world champion Jose Luis Castillo in four rounds.
- On December 8th, 2007 Hatton loses the welterweight fight to Floyd Mayweather Jr in the 10th round.
- On 24 May 2008 Hatton beats Mexican Juan Lazcano to retain the IBO Light Welterweight title.
- Hatton beats Paulie Malignaggi on 22 November for Hatton's The Ring Light Welterweight title.
- Manny Pacquiao defeats Hatton with a second round knockout on May 2, 2009.
- On 7 July 2011 Hatton announces his retirement from boxing.
More top news
Ahead of its roll-out in Manchester, some Universal Credit recipients describe feeling "trapped" as they wait weeks to receive benefits.
The trial of a soldier accused of trying to kill his wife with a sabotaged parachute has been shown video of how it could be done.
An ITV News investigation has uncovered the staggering scale of disruption caused by over-running roadworks across the country.