- Ricky Hatton makes his professional debut in 1997 against Colin McAuley.
- On 5 June 2005 Hatton defeats Light Welterweight Champion Kostya Tszyu.
- Hatton wins the WBA Welterweight crown from Luis Collazo in 2006.
- On 20 January 2007 Hatton beats Juan Urango to win the IBF Light Welterweight title.
- On 23 June 2007 Hatton knocks out former world champion Jose Luis Castillo in four rounds.
- On December 8th, 2007 Hatton loses the welterweight fight to Floyd Mayweather Jr in the 10th round.
- On 24 May 2008 Hatton beats Mexican Juan Lazcano to retain the IBO Light Welterweight title.
- Hatton beats Paulie Malignaggi on 22 November for Hatton's The Ring Light Welterweight title.
- Manny Pacquiao defeats Hatton with a second round knockout on May 2, 2009.
- On 7 July 2011 Hatton announces his retirement from boxing.
More top news
The 35-year-old has been brought back to replace Ivy Grace who had to pull out of the competition.
Outbreaks of rain will continue to spread northeastwards, turning most persistent and heavy in the southwest
Former shadow foreign secretary Hilary Benn led calls by a series of senior Labour MPs urging colleagues to 'win' back the party.