- Ricky Hatton makes his professional debut in 1997 against Colin McAuley.
- On 5 June 2005 Hatton defeats Light Welterweight Champion Kostya Tszyu.
- Hatton wins the WBA Welterweight crown from Luis Collazo in 2006.
- On 20 January 2007 Hatton beats Juan Urango to win the IBF Light Welterweight title.
- On 23 June 2007 Hatton knocks out former world champion Jose Luis Castillo in four rounds.
- On December 8th, 2007 Hatton loses the welterweight fight to Floyd Mayweather Jr in the 10th round.
- On 24 May 2008 Hatton beats Mexican Juan Lazcano to retain the IBO Light Welterweight title.
- Hatton beats Paulie Malignaggi on 22 November for Hatton's The Ring Light Welterweight title.
- Manny Pacquiao defeats Hatton with a second round knockout on May 2, 2009.
- On 7 July 2011 Hatton announces his retirement from boxing.
More top news
A Cornish village fundraising to develop a community centre were helped out with a donation from an unlikely source - the Emir of Dubai.
Thursday will be an unsettled day across many northern areas with outbreaks of rain which could be heavy, accompanied by strong winds.
Apple has marked the 10th anniversary since the first iPhone went on sale.