A new online poll, launched by the Observer, shows Liberal Democrat leader Nick Clegg is the most unpopular of the party leaders, with an approval rating of only 13%. The poll also showed:
- If Mr Clegg remained leader, 57% would be 'very unlikely' to vote for his party
- If Vince Cable were to become leader, 44% would be 'very unlikely' to vote Lib Dem
- 41% of people think the Lib Dems have had a 'very or quite' negative influence on government
- 19% of people think the Lib Dems have had a positive effect on government
- Just one in three voters who supported the Lib Dems in 2010 would do so again
- 8% of voters said they would support the Lib Dems in the next election - behind Ukip.
- 30% would vote Conservative, and 42% would vote Labour