The latest Index poll by ComRes for ITV News reveals that Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg is the least trusted of our leaders to see the country through the economic downturn.
Some 65% of the population said they did not trust him with the economy.
We asked: Do you, or would you, trust each of the following politicians to see the country through the current economic situation?
- David Cameron - Yes: 34% No: 50%
- Ed Miliband - Yes: 20% No: 56%
- George Osborne - Yes: 19% No: 58%
- Ed Balls - Yes: 16% No: 59%
- Nick Clegg - Yes: 16% No: 65%
ComRes interviewed 2,035 adults online from 21st to 23rd September 2012.