The announcement of an extra £8 million in British aid to Syria brings the total amount to date to £38.5 million.
According to the Department for International Development, it will help achieve the following aims:
- Providing trauma support for 28,000 children
- Assist UNICEF in reaching half a million refugees who have fled to neighbouring countries
- Train 125 frontline workers to work directly with vulnerable children
- Provide essential suppliesa further 2.5 million people as Syria's harsh winter approaches
- Shoes, winter clothing, blankets, heaters, cookers and emergency shelters to help the 1.2 million people who have been made homeless