The Prime Minister is in Brazil to promote UK businesses keen to get a foothold in one of the world's fastest-growing economies.
- Economy grew by 2.7% last year (UK's grew by 0.8%)
- A so-called BRIC nation (with Russia, India and China) expected to outpace rest of the world in growth
- With 192 million people and rising incomes, Brazil is a huge potential export market
- Its foreign debt is just 4% of GDP. Just 15 years ago it borrowed $42m from the IMF
- Rich in natural resources including iron ore and oil
- 2014 World Cup and 2016 Olympic Games will raise profile further
More top news
Known as 'spice' and 'black mamba', the so-called legal high is suspected of contributing to deaths in male and female institutions.
Prince Harry will launch the countdown to the 2017 Invictus Games in Canada - as he gears up for the this year's event in Florida.
The government has announced plans to ensure staff receive tips left by customers in bars and restaurants.