The Prime Minister is in Brazil to promote UK businesses keen to get a foothold in one of the world's fastest-growing economies.
- Economy grew by 2.7% last year (UK's grew by 0.8%)
- A so-called BRIC nation (with Russia, India and China) expected to outpace rest of the world in growth
- With 192 million people and rising incomes, Brazil is a huge potential export market
- Its foreign debt is just 4% of GDP. Just 15 years ago it borrowed $42m from the IMF
- Rich in natural resources including iron ore and oil
- 2014 World Cup and 2016 Olympic Games will raise profile further
More top news
The body of the young party activist was found by a railway after he made allegations of bullying within the Conservative Party.
More Border Force officers are needed to prevent people being smuggled into the UK, a former officer with the agency has told ITV News.
Norma Stokes will be sentenced at Liverpool Crown Court after pleading guilty to five counts of causing serious injury by dangerous driving.