The Prime Minister is in Brazil to promote UK businesses keen to get a foothold in one of the world's fastest-growing economies.
- Economy grew by 2.7% last year (UK's grew by 0.8%)
- A so-called BRIC nation (with Russia, India and China) expected to outpace rest of the world in growth
- With 192 million people and rising incomes, Brazil is a huge potential export market
- Its foreign debt is just 4% of GDP. Just 15 years ago it borrowed $42m from the IMF
- Rich in natural resources including iron ore and oil
- 2014 World Cup and 2016 Olympic Games will raise profile further
More top news
A hacker group who claimed to be behind a cyber attack on Sony Pictures have posted a message online apparently mocking the FBI.
The returns of Benedict Cumberbatch's detective and the X Factor judge were among 2014's most tweeted TV moments in a billion conversations.
A family has issued an appeal to help find their missing pet turkey - in case he gets gobbled up as someone's Christmas dinner.