The Prime Minister is in Brazil to promote UK businesses keen to get a foothold in one of the world's fastest-growing economies.
- Economy grew by 2.7% last year (UK's grew by 0.8%)
- A so-called BRIC nation (with Russia, India and China) expected to outpace rest of the world in growth
- With 192 million people and rising incomes, Brazil is a huge potential export market
- Its foreign debt is just 4% of GDP. Just 15 years ago it borrowed $42m from the IMF
- Rich in natural resources including iron ore and oil
- 2014 World Cup and 2016 Olympic Games will raise profile further
More top news
Auschwitz survivor Alina Dabrowska was a victim of the cruel experiments of Nazi doctor Josef Mengele, known as "the Angel of Death."
Here are just some of the faces and stories of Auschwitz survivors 70 years on from the concentration camp's liberation.
Labour is promising to increase nurse training places if they win the General Election, to cut costs and boost supply.