The Prime Minister is in Brazil to promote UK businesses keen to get a foothold in one of the world's fastest-growing economies.
- Economy grew by 2.7% last year (UK's grew by 0.8%)
- A so-called BRIC nation (with Russia, India and China) expected to outpace rest of the world in growth
- With 192 million people and rising incomes, Brazil is a huge potential export market
- Its foreign debt is just 4% of GDP. Just 15 years ago it borrowed $42m from the IMF
- Rich in natural resources including iron ore and oil
- 2014 World Cup and 2016 Olympic Games will raise profile further
More top news
China’s one-child policy has created a shortage of women in the country - and the nation's men have started to look elsewhere to find a wife
It is particularly common in Singaporean children who use phones and tablets to do up to five hours of homework a night.
A fire at a care home in China has left 38 people dead, according to state media.