The Prime Minister is in Brazil to promote UK businesses keen to get a foothold in one of the world's fastest-growing economies.
- Economy grew by 2.7% last year (UK's grew by 0.8%)
- A so-called BRIC nation (with Russia, India and China) expected to outpace rest of the world in growth
- With 192 million people and rising incomes, Brazil is a huge potential export market
- Its foreign debt is just 4% of GDP. Just 15 years ago it borrowed $42m from the IMF
- Rich in natural resources including iron ore and oil
- 2014 World Cup and 2016 Olympic Games will raise profile further
More top news
A decades-long ban on photography during official tours around the White House has been lifted, officials have announced.
Highs rising to the mid 30s across southeast England and well above average elsewhere in the UK.
England have selected leg spinner Adil Rashid in their 13-man squad to face Australia in the First Test at Cardiff.