The Prime Minister is in Brazil to promote UK businesses keen to get a foothold in one of the world's fastest-growing economies.
- Economy grew by 2.7% last year (UK's grew by 0.8%)
- A so-called BRIC nation (with Russia, India and China) expected to outpace rest of the world in growth
- With 192 million people and rising incomes, Brazil is a huge potential export market
- Its foreign debt is just 4% of GDP. Just 15 years ago it borrowed $42m from the IMF
- Rich in natural resources including iron ore and oil
- 2014 World Cup and 2016 Olympic Games will raise profile further
More top news
Fergus Hillman's mum has already visited the barber twice because her baby son's hair grows so fast.
Sales of teabags have dropped as consumers switch to coffee, green tea and speciality blends, market research has found.
The Government will urge the Church of England not to oppose plans to relax Sunday trading laws during a consultation starting today.