The Prime Minister is in Brazil to promote UK businesses keen to get a foothold in one of the world's fastest-growing economies.
- Economy grew by 2.7% last year (UK's grew by 0.8%)
- A so-called BRIC nation (with Russia, India and China) expected to outpace rest of the world in growth
- With 192 million people and rising incomes, Brazil is a huge potential export market
- Its foreign debt is just 4% of GDP. Just 15 years ago it borrowed $42m from the IMF
- Rich in natural resources including iron ore and oil
- 2014 World Cup and 2016 Olympic Games will raise profile further
More top news
WARNING: Some people may find some of the images in this report distressing.
Medical staff who helped during the Westminster terror attack have received a royal thanks for their life-saving efforts.
Colin Gregg, the son of the founder of the Greggs bakers chain, has been jailed at Newcastle Crown Court for 13 and a half years.