The Prime Minister is in Brazil to promote UK businesses keen to get a foothold in one of the world's fastest-growing economies.
- Economy grew by 2.7% last year (UK's grew by 0.8%)
- A so-called BRIC nation (with Russia, India and China) expected to outpace rest of the world in growth
- With 192 million people and rising incomes, Brazil is a huge potential export market
- Its foreign debt is just 4% of GDP. Just 15 years ago it borrowed $42m from the IMF
- Rich in natural resources including iron ore and oil
- 2014 World Cup and 2016 Olympic Games will raise profile further
More top news
Victoria Beckham's youngest son had his track "If Every Day Was Christmas" premiered on Capital FM on Wednesday morning.
Pfizer and Flynn Pharma broke competition law when they increased the cost of a medicine used by around 48,000 patients in the UK.
Some of those killed in the warehouse blaze sent final messages to loved ones saying "I'm going to die" and "I love you", it has emerged.