The Prime Minister is in Brazil to promote UK businesses keen to get a foothold in one of the world's fastest-growing economies.
- Economy grew by 2.7% last year (UK's grew by 0.8%)
- A so-called BRIC nation (with Russia, India and China) expected to outpace rest of the world in growth
- With 192 million people and rising incomes, Brazil is a huge potential export market
- Its foreign debt is just 4% of GDP. Just 15 years ago it borrowed $42m from the IMF
- Rich in natural resources including iron ore and oil
- 2014 World Cup and 2016 Olympic Games will raise profile further
More top news
Islamic State poses as great a threat to Britain as the IRA during its bombing campaign in the 1970s, a watchdog has said.
Turning colder with showers in the west and windy for many, with severe gales in exposed northern and western parts.
The elderly woman's son complained to the council that his mother had been deprived of her liberty in an 'unprecedented' legal case.