The Prime Minister is in Brazil to promote UK businesses keen to get a foothold in one of the world's fastest-growing economies.
- Economy grew by 2.7% last year (UK's grew by 0.8%)
- A so-called BRIC nation (with Russia, India and China) expected to outpace rest of the world in growth
- With 192 million people and rising incomes, Brazil is a huge potential export market
- Its foreign debt is just 4% of GDP. Just 15 years ago it borrowed $42m from the IMF
- Rich in natural resources including iron ore and oil
- 2014 World Cup and 2016 Olympic Games will raise profile further
More top news
Could this professor have just landed the dream job?
Megan Hurley had reportedly been at the concert with her brother Bradley, 21, who remains in hospital after the terror attack.
Damon Smith, 20, has been jailed at the Old Bailey for 15 years for planting a home-made bomb on a busy Tube train.