Northern Ireland's biggest policing operation in 20 years is due to take place today as 30,000 Unionists march to celebrate 100 years since the signing of the Ulster Covenant.
Police and political representatives have been working hard behind the scenes to try and ensure the controversial parade route passes peacefully. The planned route:
- 1015: Small, feeder parades set off from loyalist Sandy Row and Carlisle Circus (in North Belfast) to Belfast City Hall
- 1100: Main march sets off for Stormont from Belfast City Hall
- 1300: Parade arrives at Stormont
- 1500: Religious service and speech by Orange Order Grand Master, Edward Stevenson
- 1615: Belfast marchers parade back into the city, supporters and others return home by bus