The group of seven British trekkers who were killed in Nepal on Wednesday have been named. They were due to begin trekking the Himalayas yesterday.
- Raymond Eagle, 58, from Macclesfield Cheshire
- Timothy Oakes, 57 from Winwick, near Warrington
- Vincent Kelly, 50, from Lostock, Bolton
- Darren Kelly, 45, from Bolton but living in village of Isle, Whithorn
- Christopher Davey, 51, from Northampton
- Stephen Holding, 60, from Stoke-on-Trent
- Benjamin Ogden, 27, from London
Five Chinese people, three Nepalese passengers and four crew members were also killed. Initial reports suggest the accident was caused by a bird strike.
More top news
A teenage boy has been stabbed to death in London, the second fatal attack within two days.
A British amateur sailor died this morning after being hit by a sail while taking part in the Clipper Round The World Yacht Race.
Plans for seven-day GP services are "unrealistic" because of a shortage of doctors, the Government has been warned.