The group of seven British trekkers who were killed in Nepal on Wednesday have been named. They were due to begin trekking the Himalayas yesterday.
- Raymond Eagle, 58, from Macclesfield Cheshire
- Timothy Oakes, 57 from Winwick, near Warrington
- Vincent Kelly, 50, from Lostock, Bolton
- Darren Kelly, 45, from Bolton but living in village of Isle, Whithorn
- Christopher Davey, 51, from Northampton
- Stephen Holding, 60, from Stoke-on-Trent
- Benjamin Ogden, 27, from London
Five Chinese people, three Nepalese passengers and four crew members were also killed. Initial reports suggest the accident was caused by a bird strike.
More top news
Regional troops have secured the presidential palace in the Gambia's capital but there are fears the former leader has raided state coffers.
The police officer was shot in the arm at a petrol station on the Crumlin Road, but is in a stable condition.
Temperatures tumbling again tonight with a widespread sharp frost and lows of -5C or -6C and icy spots in places