The group of seven British trekkers who were killed in Nepal on Wednesday have been named. They were due to begin trekking the Himalayas yesterday.
- Raymond Eagle, 58, from Macclesfield Cheshire
- Timothy Oakes, 57 from Winwick, near Warrington
- Vincent Kelly, 50, from Lostock, Bolton
- Darren Kelly, 45, from Bolton but living in village of Isle, Whithorn
- Christopher Davey, 51, from Northampton
- Stephen Holding, 60, from Stoke-on-Trent
- Benjamin Ogden, 27, from London
Five Chinese people, three Nepalese passengers and four crew members were also killed. Initial reports suggest the accident was caused by a bird strike.
More top news
On English votes for English laws Ed Miliband is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.
School fees, pricey private medical care and the fear of interest rate rises mean even those on £200,000 are feeling the pinch.
Overnight it will be cooler and fresher but most places will stay dry with a nippy start to Sunday.