The group of seven British trekkers who were killed in Nepal on Wednesday have been named. They were due to begin trekking the Himalayas yesterday.
- Raymond Eagle, 58, from Macclesfield Cheshire
- Timothy Oakes, 57 from Winwick, near Warrington
- Vincent Kelly, 50, from Lostock, Bolton
- Darren Kelly, 45, from Bolton but living in village of Isle, Whithorn
- Christopher Davey, 51, from Northampton
- Stephen Holding, 60, from Stoke-on-Trent
- Benjamin Ogden, 27, from London
Five Chinese people, three Nepalese passengers and four crew members were also killed. Initial reports suggest the accident was caused by a bird strike.
More top news
The NHS is at "breaking point" with declining numbers of beds compounding the situation, according to the British Medical Association.
Donald Trump's ambiguous phrase "what's happening in Sweden" during a rally on Saturday was a reference to a Fox News story, he has claimed.
Donald Trump's revised immigration ban targets the same seven Muslim majority countries listed in his original executive order, sources say.