The group of seven British trekkers who were killed in Nepal on Wednesday have been named. They were due to begin trekking the Himalayas yesterday.
- Raymond Eagle, 58, from Macclesfield Cheshire
- Timothy Oakes, 57 from Winwick, near Warrington
- Vincent Kelly, 50, from Lostock, Bolton
- Darren Kelly, 45, from Bolton but living in village of Isle, Whithorn
- Christopher Davey, 51, from Northampton
- Stephen Holding, 60, from Stoke-on-Trent
- Benjamin Ogden, 27, from London
Five Chinese people, three Nepalese passengers and four crew members were also killed. Initial reports suggest the accident was caused by a bird strike.
More top news
The British Embassy driver kept the engine running as the worsening relations with Russia stepped up a gear here in Moscow.
The heavily pregnant Duchess of Cambridge refused to be put off by bitterly cold winds and snow as she greeted Irish Guards members.
Celebrations are taking place across Northern Ireland to mark St Patrick’s Day.