The group of seven British trekkers who were killed in Nepal on Wednesday have been named. They were due to begin trekking the Himalayas yesterday.
- Raymond Eagle, 58, from Macclesfield Cheshire
- Timothy Oakes, 57 from Winwick, near Warrington
- Vincent Kelly, 50, from Lostock, Bolton
- Darren Kelly, 45, from Bolton but living in village of Isle, Whithorn
- Christopher Davey, 51, from Northampton
- Stephen Holding, 60, from Stoke-on-Trent
- Benjamin Ogden, 27, from London
Five Chinese people, three Nepalese passengers and four crew members were also killed. Initial reports suggest the accident was caused by a bird strike.
More top news
A British climber trapped on Mount Everest after the earthquake in Nepal has said rescuers face "a race against time" to reach his group
People who suffer from back pain may have closer links to their chimpanzee ancestors, according to researchers.
David Cameron will say the Tories are the party of the "grafters, roofers, retailers and plumbers" as he set out plans to help small firms