The group of seven British trekkers who were killed in Nepal on Wednesday have been named. They were due to begin trekking the Himalayas yesterday.
- Raymond Eagle, 58, from Macclesfield Cheshire
- Timothy Oakes, 57 from Winwick, near Warrington
- Vincent Kelly, 50, from Lostock, Bolton
- Darren Kelly, 45, from Bolton but living in village of Isle, Whithorn
- Christopher Davey, 51, from Northampton
- Stephen Holding, 60, from Stoke-on-Trent
- Benjamin Ogden, 27, from London
Five Chinese people, three Nepalese passengers and four crew members were also killed. Initial reports suggest the accident was caused by a bird strike.
More top news
Five NHS trusts in the Midlands have come under fire after it emerged bosses were sitting on more than £134 million of spare cash.
A factory worker's faithful friends saved his life by lying with him to keep him warm when he fell into a diabetic coma in the freezing cold
A British military healthcare worker is being monitored at the Royal Free Hospital following a needle-stick injury in Sierra Leone.