The group of seven British trekkers who were killed in Nepal on Wednesday have been named. They were due to begin trekking the Himalayas yesterday.
- Raymond Eagle, 58, from Macclesfield Cheshire
- Timothy Oakes, 57 from Winwick, near Warrington
- Vincent Kelly, 50, from Lostock, Bolton
- Darren Kelly, 45, from Bolton but living in village of Isle, Whithorn
- Christopher Davey, 51, from Northampton
- Stephen Holding, 60, from Stoke-on-Trent
- Benjamin Ogden, 27, from London
Five Chinese people, three Nepalese passengers and four crew members were also killed. Initial reports suggest the accident was caused by a bird strike.
More top news
There are multiple "injuries and casualties" after a carriage fell off the bridge and into a highway near the US city.
She rejected comments from the chief EU negotiator who said there was "no way" the UK could "cherry pick" elements of a trade deal.
The driver was found guilty of assisting illegal immigration after being stopped at the UK border controls at the Eurotunnel in France.