The group of seven British trekkers who were killed in Nepal on Wednesday have been named. They were due to begin trekking the Himalayas yesterday.
- Raymond Eagle, 58, from Macclesfield Cheshire
- Timothy Oakes, 57 from Winwick, near Warrington
- Vincent Kelly, 50, from Lostock, Bolton
- Darren Kelly, 45, from Bolton but living in village of Isle, Whithorn
- Christopher Davey, 51, from Northampton
- Stephen Holding, 60, from Stoke-on-Trent
- Benjamin Ogden, 27, from London
Five Chinese people, three Nepalese passengers and four crew members were also killed. Initial reports suggest the accident was caused by a bird strike.
More top news
Thousands are protesting in Barcelona to demand the release of two Catalan pro-independence activists jailed by Spanish authorities.
The mogul has reportedly agreed to permanently leave the company he co-founded after a flood of sex abuse complaints.
A 20-year-old man who died in a triple stabbing outside Parsons Green Tube station has been named by police.