Dyfed Powys Police described the search for April as "one of the largest [search operations] of its kind in recent policing history". The resources deployed include:
- Eight specialist police search teams
- Six dog handlers
- Officers from the Dyfed Powys Police Marine Unit
- RAF mountain rescue search teams
- 100 volunteers from Dyfi Valley and Brecon Beacons mountain rescue teams
- Coastguard and RNLI search teams
Detectives investigating the abduction of April Jones have until this afternoon to charge or release murder suspect Mark Bridger.
New photographs of missing five-year-old April Jones have been released by her family, as the search for her continues.
Police have been granted an additional 24 hours to question April Jones murder suspect Mark Bridger.