The Presidential Debate rules have just been outlined to the audience, they are:
- It will be chaired by Jim Lehrer of PBS Newshour.
- The debate will last 90 minutes.
- There will be 6 sections each of 15 minutes.
- No one is allowed to clap, shout or make a noise of any kind.
- It is not allowed to tweet from within the hall.
- Up to 100 million Americans are expected to watch.
The US unemployment rate has edged down to 8.1% nationally but any failure to continue that momentum will be seized upon by Republicans.
The lackluster debate performance from Obama, who has been called the greatest communicator since Reagan, gave us our October surprise.
The dust is settling on a successful night for Mitt Romney but the show must go on.