Conference opening (14:30 -16:00):
- Conference chairman Paul Swaddle.
- Conservative Party Chairmen Andrew Feldman and Grant Shapps.
- Defence and European & International Affairs:
- Defence Secretary Philip Hammond.
- Foreign Secretary William Hague.
Speaking on the first day of the Tory party conference David Cameron rejected plans for a 'mansion tax' and signalled further budget cuts.
As the Conservative Party Conference begins David Cameron has already ruled out the controversial 'mansion tax' plans.
David Cameron today will pledge to use Britain's veto to block the European Union budget if it is not in the UK interest.