An investigation in underway after an 18-year-old woman was taken ill during a night out in Lancaster city centre on Thursday evening.
The teenager reported feeling feeling breathless after drinking the lethal cocktail, according to The Westmorland Gazette.
She then developed severe stomach pain and was taken to Lancaster Royal Infirmary where she diagnosed with a perforated stomach and underwent emergency surgery to remove her stomach.
More top news
Jayln Rippy died and her mother and brother were seriously injured by the fish, which can grow up to eight feet long.
European nations are collectively consuming more fish than its waters can provide, according to a new study.
PM announces funding will be made available for a memorial dedicated to the victims of last week’s terrorist attack in Tunisia