Prof John Ashton, a public health expert based in Cumbria, has warned of the dangers of drinking super-chilled cocktails after a Lancashire teen had to have part of her stomach removed after drinking a cocktail made with liquid nitrogen.
Prof Ashton told ITV Granada: "It's extremely dangerous. You've got alcohol, which in itself is dangerous, we've got liquid nitrogen which is a dangerous chemical.
"People should not be fooling around with these sorts of things."
More top news
Some Scottish social media users were left confused when Facebook offered them a Romanian flag, not a Saltire, to mark St Andrew's Day.
Ex-detectives Michael Stokes and Stephen Phillips were jailed for two years for stealing money they thought belonged to a drug dealer.
The calendar famous for its pin-up style has taken a dramatic turn - eschewing supermodels for 13 women of "outstanding accomplishment".