- Since 1 April 2012 there have been five fatalities at level crossings.
- Two pedestrians and one cyclist have lost their lives at footpath crossings.
- Motorists were killed at an automatic half barrier crossing and a user-worked crossing with telephone.
- More people are killed at footpath crossings than any other type of crossing.
- Since 2007 there have been 24 fatalities at footpath crossings with 46 in total.
More top news
Very windy with gales possible
Strong performance from world number 100 meant Great Britain very nearly dominated day one of the competition.
As a promotion Black Friday is flawed. While it whips up demand and redistributes it the event doesn't obviously generate additional sales.