- Since 1 April 2012 there have been five fatalities at level crossings.
- Two pedestrians and one cyclist have lost their lives at footpath crossings.
- Motorists were killed at an automatic half barrier crossing and a user-worked crossing with telephone.
- More people are killed at footpath crossings than any other type of crossing.
- Since 2007 there have been 24 fatalities at footpath crossings with 46 in total.
More top news
ITV News has obtained exclusive footage of the moment armed police raided a house believed to be linked to the Manchester suicide bomber.
The Manchester Evening News set up a JustGiving page asking people to support the families of those affected by the suicide bombing.
The suspected Manchester Arena bomber has been identified as 22-year-old Salman Abedi by Greater Manchester Police.