- Since 1 April 2012 there have been five fatalities at level crossings.
- Two pedestrians and one cyclist have lost their lives at footpath crossings.
- Motorists were killed at an automatic half barrier crossing and a user-worked crossing with telephone.
- More people are killed at footpath crossings than any other type of crossing.
- Since 2007 there have been 24 fatalities at footpath crossings with 46 in total.
More top news
One London Marathon runner who helped an exhausted competitor said
The Irish Coast Guard helicopter went down into the Atlantic last month.
Thicker cloud across Ireland and northern Scotland but otherwise a very pleasant afternoon.