- Since 1 April 2012 there have been five fatalities at level crossings.
- Two pedestrians and one cyclist have lost their lives at footpath crossings.
- Motorists were killed at an automatic half barrier crossing and a user-worked crossing with telephone.
- More people are killed at footpath crossings than any other type of crossing.
- Since 2007 there have been 24 fatalities at footpath crossings with 46 in total.
More top news
Thursday will be an unsettled day across many northern areas with outbreaks of rain which could be heavy, accompanied by strong winds.
Apple has marked the 10th anniversary since the first iPhone went on sale.
A man who walked six miles a day to and from work was left astonished after a stranger presented him with a car bought from donations.