- Since 1 April 2012 there have been five fatalities at level crossings.
- Two pedestrians and one cyclist have lost their lives at footpath crossings.
- Motorists were killed at an automatic half barrier crossing and a user-worked crossing with telephone.
- More people are killed at footpath crossings than any other type of crossing.
- Since 2007 there have been 24 fatalities at footpath crossings with 46 in total.
More top news
A vulnerable man who accused Leon Brittan of sexual abuse has claimed he was encouraged to make the allegations by campaigners.
Heavy downpours have triggered flash floods in Yorkshire.
The IMF's forecast for global growth has been cut to 3.1% - a fifth successive year of declining growth, the weakest performance since 2009.