- Since 1 April 2012 there have been five fatalities at level crossings.
- Two pedestrians and one cyclist have lost their lives at footpath crossings.
- Motorists were killed at an automatic half barrier crossing and a user-worked crossing with telephone.
- More people are killed at footpath crossings than any other type of crossing.
- Since 2007 there have been 24 fatalities at footpath crossings with 46 in total.
More top news
More deprived areas of England have received the biggest cuts over the last five years, according to an influential think-tank.
A suspected burglar and domestic abuser who goaded police on their own Facebook page has been taunted back after handing himself in.
Motorists are to be allowed 10 minutes' grace after a parking ticket runs out before they can receive a fine, under new rules.