- Since 1 April 2012 there have been five fatalities at level crossings.
- Two pedestrians and one cyclist have lost their lives at footpath crossings.
- Motorists were killed at an automatic half barrier crossing and a user-worked crossing with telephone.
- More people are killed at footpath crossings than any other type of crossing.
- Since 2007 there have been 24 fatalities at footpath crossings with 46 in total.
More top news
Theresa May will set out the plans in a speech in Cheshire on science.
The Foreign Secretary said Theresa May needs ‘time and space’ to reach a deal.
A good deal of dry and sunny weather as we head towards the next Bank Holiday weekend