- Since 1 April 2012 there have been five fatalities at level crossings.
- Two pedestrians and one cyclist have lost their lives at footpath crossings.
- Motorists were killed at an automatic half barrier crossing and a user-worked crossing with telephone.
- More people are killed at footpath crossings than any other type of crossing.
- Since 2007 there have been 24 fatalities at footpath crossings with 46 in total.
More top news
Windy and wet weather to end the month of May
They made it across a deadly sea this year, but their journey to what they hope will be political asylum had only just begun.
Scientists used modern forensic techniques to review the 'cold case' and determine the victim was probably killed by two blows to the head.