- Since 1 April 2012 there have been five fatalities at level crossings.
- Two pedestrians and one cyclist have lost their lives at footpath crossings.
- Motorists were killed at an automatic half barrier crossing and a user-worked crossing with telephone.
- More people are killed at footpath crossings than any other type of crossing.
- Since 2007 there have been 24 fatalities at footpath crossings with 46 in total.
More top news
It will be a frosty Christmas morning across the UK but any chance of snow is limited to the Scottish mountains.
Fainting dogs, dancing grooms and an attacker who picked on the wrong girl all featured highly in our most-read stories of the year.
Some dogs have been at the Battersea Dogs and Cats Home for more than a year. Can you make their Christmas and give them a new home?