- Since 1 April 2012 there have been five fatalities at level crossings.
- Two pedestrians and one cyclist have lost their lives at footpath crossings.
- Motorists were killed at an automatic half barrier crossing and a user-worked crossing with telephone.
- More people are killed at footpath crossings than any other type of crossing.
- Since 2007 there have been 24 fatalities at footpath crossings with 46 in total.
More top news
Everton and Bournemouth players and fans pay a pre-match emotional tribute to the 96 Hillsborough victims and their families
British astronaut Major Tim Peake has his trip on the International Space Station extended by almost two weeks.
Hundreds of protesters have stormed Iraq's government district after lawmakers failed to meet for a vote on overhauling the regime.