- Since 1 April 2012 there have been five fatalities at level crossings.
- Two pedestrians and one cyclist have lost their lives at footpath crossings.
- Motorists were killed at an automatic half barrier crossing and a user-worked crossing with telephone.
- More people are killed at footpath crossings than any other type of crossing.
- Since 2007 there have been 24 fatalities at footpath crossings with 46 in total.
More top news
Parliamentary inquiry finds thousands of children could fall prey to sexual exploitation and gangs because of flawed warning systems.
David Cameron said the June 23 referendum is the most important vote young people will place in their lifetimes.
Plan would leave steelworkers worse off in retirement - but not as worse off as those in other pension schemes.