- Since 1 April 2012 there have been five fatalities at level crossings.
- Two pedestrians and one cyclist have lost their lives at footpath crossings.
- Motorists were killed at an automatic half barrier crossing and a user-worked crossing with telephone.
- More people are killed at footpath crossings than any other type of crossing.
- Since 2007 there have been 24 fatalities at footpath crossings with 46 in total.
More top news
The shortest man ever to have been measured has died aged 75, Guinness World Records has announced.
Britons have stepped forward to offer help to refugees after a photo of a drowned three-year-old boy prompted an outpouring of support.
A One Direction fan said she was delighted after Harry Styles grabbed her posted during a concert and corrected her grammar.