- Since 1 April 2012 there have been five fatalities at level crossings.
- Two pedestrians and one cyclist have lost their lives at footpath crossings.
- Motorists were killed at an automatic half barrier crossing and a user-worked crossing with telephone.
- More people are killed at footpath crossings than any other type of crossing.
- Since 2007 there have been 24 fatalities at footpath crossings with 46 in total.
More top news
The Labour leadership candidate was accused of misogyny for calling on Labour to 'smash' the prime minister 'back on her heels'
A note left at the scene of the tragedy where the four-year-old died said: "Go ride your train up to heaven and wait for me."
Bengal crossbreed Bobby climbed into the machine for a sleep when his owner decided to do some washing.