- Since 1 April 2012 there have been five fatalities at level crossings.
- Two pedestrians and one cyclist have lost their lives at footpath crossings.
- Motorists were killed at an automatic half barrier crossing and a user-worked crossing with telephone.
- More people are killed at footpath crossings than any other type of crossing.
- Since 2007 there have been 24 fatalities at footpath crossings with 46 in total.
More top news
Big companies will have to show that their supply chains do not use child slave labour or exploit people, David Cameron has announced.
Disneyland Paris is reportedly facing a pricing probe amid claims it charges British tourists more than its French customers.
Overworked GPs are becoming so tired they could be putting patient's safety at risk, the head of British general practitioners has warned.