Network Rail has a £130m investment programme to improve level crossing safety. The programme includes:
- A closure programme which will see 750 crossings removed from the network by April 2014. More than 600 have already been closed.
- Replacing footpath crossings with footbridges.
- Installing warning lights as an additional safety measure at footpath crossings.
- A new schools programme - Rail Life - teaching both primary and secondary school children about how to stay safe when crossing the railway.
- Rolling out 10 more camera enforcement vans.
- Investing in new technology including obstacle detection lasers.
- Introducing new cost effective barriers to open crossings.
- Employing more than 100 new dedicated level crossing managers
- Community safety managers who work closely with local groups, councils and schools to raise awareness.
More top news
The A4-sized sketch originally went for £75 when it was first sold.
Ex-White House adviser Steve Bannon has described George W Bush as bumbling and inept, criticising his "destructive" presidency.
Blessings are church services acknowledging the commitment made in a marriage or civil partnership, in which God's blessing is sought.