- Researchers in Denmark examined 1,000 women who began the study when they were aged between 45 and 58.
- Half of the group were given HRT which was started early after the menopause and the control group received no treatment.
- The study found that after 10 years, 33 women in the control group had died or suffered heart failure or a heart attack compared with just 16 women who were given HRT.
- 36 women in the HRT group were treated for cancer compared with 39 in the control group
- 10 women in the HRT group were treated for breast cancer compared with 17 in the control group.
- Eleven women in the HRT group were treated for stroke compared with 14 in the control group.
More top news
Stephen Beadman has been jailed for life with a minimum term of 35 years for the rape, false imprisonment and murder of the teenager.
The downpours will be more well scattered across southern locations.
A Sat Nav mix-up led to a Welsh family missing a Euro 2016 game after ending up in Belgium's Lille instead of the northern French city.