- Researchers in Denmark examined 1,000 women who began the study when they were aged between 45 and 58.
- Half of the group were given HRT which was started early after the menopause and the control group received no treatment.
- The study found that after 10 years, 33 women in the control group had died or suffered heart failure or a heart attack compared with just 16 women who were given HRT.
- 36 women in the HRT group were treated for cancer compared with 39 in the control group
- 10 women in the HRT group were treated for breast cancer compared with 17 in the control group.
- Eleven women in the HRT group were treated for stroke compared with 14 in the control group.
More top news
The ITV soap currently runs five episodes a week across three days - two on Mondays and Fridays, and one on Wednesdays.
Aaron Ramsey struck seconds after Diego Costa's equaliser to win the FA Cup for Arsenal at Wembley against 10 man Chelsea.
Passengers have been told not to travel to Heathrow and Gatwick because of "extreme congestion" after all BA flights were cancelled.