- April 15, 1989: 94 Liverpool fans die in a crush against the steel terraces at Sheffield Wednesday's Hillsborough stadium.
- April 19, 1989: The Sun newspaper publishes the headline 'The Truth' blaming drunken fans.
- August 1989: An interim report by Lord Justice Taylor criticises police for "failing to take effective control", police blamed fans for being "late and drunk".
- August 1990: Director of Public prosecutions finds insufficient evidence to bring criminal charges for any of the deaths.
- August 1991: Inquest returns verdict of accidental death, ruling all victims were dead by 3.15pm.
- April 2009: The Hillsborough Independent Panel is set up.
- October 2011: MPs agree to hand over all government papers to the panel.
- September 2012: Independent Panel delivers damning verdict.
More top news
A mother feared to have been planning to travel to Syria with her four children has been charged with child abduction.
Dimitri Diatchenko was sentenced to 60 days community service after eating the animal and sending his ex graphic photos of what he did.
The starving toddler has been taken into care following the incident in Chile - but it is thought the dog may well have saved his life.