- April 15, 1989: 94 Liverpool fans die in a crush against the steel terraces at Sheffield Wednesday's Hillsborough stadium.
- April 19, 1989: The Sun newspaper publishes the headline 'The Truth' blaming drunken fans.
- August 1989: An interim report by Lord Justice Taylor criticises police for "failing to take effective control", police blamed fans for being "late and drunk".
- August 1990: Director of Public prosecutions finds insufficient evidence to bring criminal charges for any of the deaths.
- August 1991: Inquest returns verdict of accidental death, ruling all victims were dead by 3.15pm.
- April 2009: The Hillsborough Independent Panel is set up.
- October 2011: MPs agree to hand over all government papers to the panel.
- September 2012: Independent Panel delivers damning verdict.
More top news
Although it may be a dry and bright start for most, thicker cloud and rain will spread in through the day.
US Democrats must heed the warning of the UK's EU referendum vote to avoid a Donald Trump presidency, Kezia Dugdale has said.
Hundreds of people have been evacuated as a fast-moving wildfire has torched its way across 11,000 acres of land near Los Angeles.