Here's a selection of polling data analysing the respective leaders:
- Reuters reports that President Obama holds a narrow one per cent lead over Republican Mitt Romney in the race for the White House. Source: Reuters/Ipsos.
- Obama (50%) edges Romney (46%) in the key state of Ohio according to CNN/ORC International.
- The Washington Post suggests that Romney has a slight advantage nationally, but Obama is reportedly leading in many of the swing states.
- Yahoo News' polling data suggests Obama holds a slender advantage.
- An average of national opinion polls released on Friday show Romney opening a modest lead of 0.9% over Obama.