- More than 340 onshore wind projects - or 3,327 wind turbines - currently in the UK
- Current capacity generates 5,028 MW - enough to power about 3.76m homes
- 4,000 onshore wind turbines due to be built by 2020
- Target to produce 30% of all UK electricity from renewable sources by 2020
- UK's first wind farm built in Cornwall in 1991
(Sources: RenewableUK, DECC)
More top news
When Alison Powell's four-year-old Labrador Missy would not stop sniffing and pawing her, she knew it was more than simple canine affection.
Police have confirmed that six arrests were made as part of their operation for the Arsenal v Galatasaray Champions League match
A Banksy mural, possibly worth thousands of pounds, has been erased by a council in Essex after a complaint that it was "racist".