- More than 340 onshore wind projects - or 3,327 wind turbines - currently in the UK
- Current capacity generates 5,028 MW - enough to power about 3.76m homes
- 4,000 onshore wind turbines due to be built by 2020
- Target to produce 30% of all UK electricity from renewable sources by 2020
- UK's first wind farm built in Cornwall in 1991
(Sources: RenewableUK, DECC)
More top news
Investigation underway into whether a man was killed by a meteorite, which if confirmed would be the first recorded death-by-space rock.
Government to press ahead with plans to allow local councils to extend trading hours on Sundays.
Police used pepper spray and batons to break up a large crowd of protesters in Hong Kong - the worst street violence since 2014.