- More than 340 onshore wind projects - or 3,327 wind turbines - currently in the UK
- Current capacity generates 5,028 MW - enough to power about 3.76m homes
- 4,000 onshore wind turbines due to be built by 2020
- Target to produce 30% of all UK electricity from renewable sources by 2020
- UK's first wind farm built in Cornwall in 1991
(Sources: RenewableUK, DECC)
More top news
John Wombell, 58, was jailed for eight weeks after admitting making the grossly offensive call to the Broxtowe MP's office last November.
A late April chill with a cold northerly wind
Where do the Conservatives, Liberal Democrats, and Labour stand on Brexit, immigration and the idea of a second referendum?