- More than 340 onshore wind projects - or 3,327 wind turbines - currently in the UK
- Current capacity generates 5,028 MW - enough to power about 3.76m homes
- 4,000 onshore wind turbines due to be built by 2020
- Target to produce 30% of all UK electricity from renewable sources by 2020
- UK's first wind farm built in Cornwall in 1991
(Sources: RenewableUK, DECC)
More top news
Three nurses who worked at the Brithdir Care Home in Wales were found to have contributed to the deaths of vulnerable patients.
A photo of a Syrian refugee selling pens while carrying his sleeping daughter has sparked a campaign that has raised more than £35,000
Bojan Krkic could make his first Premier League appearance of the season in Stoke's clash with West Brom on Saturday.