- More than 340 onshore wind projects - or 3,327 wind turbines - currently in the UK
- Current capacity generates 5,028 MW - enough to power about 3.76m homes
- 4,000 onshore wind turbines due to be built by 2020
- Target to produce 30% of all UK electricity from renewable sources by 2020
- UK's first wind farm built in Cornwall in 1991
(Sources: RenewableUK, DECC)
More top news
Brad Treat, 38, was killed on a trail in the Halfmoon Lakes area of the Flathead National Forest, just outside Glacier National Park.
Appeal judges are to decide on Thursday whether a woman can use the frozen eggs of her dead daughter to give birth to her grandchild.
The £70 million F-35B jet arrived at RAF Fairford in Gloucestershire, two years after engine trouble postponed its first scheduled visit.