- More than 340 onshore wind projects - or 3,327 wind turbines - currently in the UK
- Current capacity generates 5,028 MW - enough to power about 3.76m homes
- 4,000 onshore wind turbines due to be built by 2020
- Target to produce 30% of all UK electricity from renewable sources by 2020
- UK's first wind farm built in Cornwall in 1991
(Sources: RenewableUK, DECC)
More top news
Through the day, most of the cloud should break up to leave fine conditions for many with spells of sunshine.
The Eiffel Tower in Paris was plunged into darkness, with the Burj Khalifa in Dubia emblazoned with the Union Jack.
The major party leaders' campaigns for the General Election will remain suspended on Wednesday following the Manchester terror attack.