- More than 340 onshore wind projects - or 3,327 wind turbines - currently in the UK
- Current capacity generates 5,028 MW - enough to power about 3.76m homes
- 4,000 onshore wind turbines due to be built by 2020
- Target to produce 30% of all UK electricity from renewable sources by 2020
- UK's first wind farm built in Cornwall in 1991
(Sources: RenewableUK, DECC)
More top news
Just how does the power-sharing system in Northern Ireland work, and what happens now that talks are at "the end of the road"?
Dozens of women gathered on Westminster Bridge to form a human chain in a show of solidarity with the victims of Wednesday's terror attack.
Cold with some misty cloud by dawn