- More than 340 onshore wind projects - or 3,327 wind turbines - currently in the UK
- Current capacity generates 5,028 MW - enough to power about 3.76m homes
- 4,000 onshore wind turbines due to be built by 2020
- Target to produce 30% of all UK electricity from renewable sources by 2020
- UK's first wind farm built in Cornwall in 1991
(Sources: RenewableUK, DECC)
More top news
It will become increasingly wet and windy across parts of Scotland and Northern Ireland across the next few days.
A police helicopter went on a 40-mile search after a 999 call about a cry for help - only to discover it was a goat and her kid.
A boy from Manchester was excluded from taking part in World Book Day for dressing at Fifty Shades of Grey character.