- More than 340 onshore wind projects - or 3,327 wind turbines - currently in the UK
- Current capacity generates 5,028 MW - enough to power about 3.76m homes
- 4,000 onshore wind turbines due to be built by 2020
- Target to produce 30% of all UK electricity from renewable sources by 2020
- UK's first wind farm built in Cornwall in 1991
(Sources: RenewableUK, DECC)
More top news
The number of obese diabetics having surgery needs to triple to tackle the "major problem" facing the NHS, the health advisory body says.
A collection on cricketers have given their backing to Sean Abbott, the man who bowled the ball that struck Phil Hughes.
Batsman Phil Hughes died after a "catastrophic" head injury caused by a cricket ball splitting a major artery at the base of his neck.