- More than 340 onshore wind projects - or 3,327 wind turbines - currently in the UK
- Current capacity generates 5,028 MW - enough to power about 3.76m homes
- 4,000 onshore wind turbines due to be built by 2020
- Target to produce 30% of all UK electricity from renewable sources by 2020
- UK's first wind farm built in Cornwall in 1991
(Sources: RenewableUK, DECC)
More top news
Hit TV series Mad Men will soon air its final episodes, but the programme will continue in the National Museum of American History.
The desk and chair where Charles Dickens sat to write his final novels have been bought for the nation using a national heritage grant.
Lee Rigby's widow and son at moving ceremony to remember murdered soldier's "ultimate sacrifice".