- More than 340 onshore wind projects - or 3,327 wind turbines - currently in the UK
- Current capacity generates 5,028 MW - enough to power about 3.76m homes
- 4,000 onshore wind turbines due to be built by 2020
- Target to produce 30% of all UK electricity from renewable sources by 2020
- UK's first wind farm built in Cornwall in 1991
(Sources: RenewableUK, DECC)
More top news
A giant panda has been caught in camera breaking iron bars and moving into the other cell to have a taste of milk in the next cell.
City traders are paying up to £200 to cure their hangovers with a vitamin drip, according to a doctor from Surrey.
Serena Williams won her sixth Australian Open title with a hard fought 6-3, 7-6 (7-5) victory over Maria Sharapova in Melbourne