- More than 340 onshore wind projects - or 3,327 wind turbines - currently in the UK
- Current capacity generates 5,028 MW - enough to power about 3.76m homes
- 4,000 onshore wind turbines due to be built by 2020
- Target to produce 30% of all UK electricity from renewable sources by 2020
- UK's first wind farm built in Cornwall in 1991
(Sources: RenewableUK, DECC)
More top news
Food imports to the war-ravaged country are at an all time low and its people are at risk of catastrophic hunger, according to the charity.
A "life-size" baby Jesus has been found by police after the doll was stolen from its crib in a church nativity scene.
A man who has been on the run from the FBI for 10 years has been jailed for sexually assaulting a teenage girl in a Lancashire park.