- More than 340 onshore wind projects - or 3,327 wind turbines - currently in the UK
- Current capacity generates 5,028 MW - enough to power about 3.76m homes
- 4,000 onshore wind turbines due to be built by 2020
- Target to produce 30% of all UK electricity from renewable sources by 2020
- UK's first wind farm built in Cornwall in 1991
(Sources: RenewableUK, DECC)
More top news
This year's poppy appeal is giving special emphasis to the plight of younger service veterans.
West Ham fans clashed with Chelsea supporters on Wednesday during an EFL Cup tie, a game which the Hammers won 2-1.
Only four pregnancies occurred during the trial - but reported side effects for men include acne, depression and increased libido.