- More than 340 onshore wind projects - or 3,327 wind turbines - currently in the UK
- Current capacity generates 5,028 MW - enough to power about 3.76m homes
- 4,000 onshore wind turbines due to be built by 2020
- Target to produce 30% of all UK electricity from renewable sources by 2020
- UK's first wind farm built in Cornwall in 1991
(Sources: RenewableUK, DECC)
More top news
Figures released by Network Rail and the Samaritans show there have been 33 more deaths on the tracks in the last year.
NHS trusts are denying thousands of women across Britain fertility treatment in a bid to cut costs, a health watchdog has warned.
Overhaul of NHS would include workplace weight-loss schemes with money and shopping voucher prizes.