- More than 340 onshore wind projects - or 3,327 wind turbines - currently in the UK
- Current capacity generates 5,028 MW - enough to power about 3.76m homes
- 4,000 onshore wind turbines due to be built by 2020
- Target to produce 30% of all UK electricity from renewable sources by 2020
- UK's first wind farm built in Cornwall in 1991
(Sources: RenewableUK, DECC)
More top news
Across all of the Help to Buy schemes, 185,000 homes were brought, including 150,000 properties to first time buyers.
An Ipsos MORI poll, commissioned by the League Against Cruel Sports (LACS), found 84% of the public do not want a return to fox hunting.
As Birmingham bids for the Commonwealth Games, we have been looking at sporting venues in the city which could be involved in the event.