- More than 340 onshore wind projects - or 3,327 wind turbines - currently in the UK
- Current capacity generates 5,028 MW - enough to power about 3.76m homes
- 4,000 onshore wind turbines due to be built by 2020
- Target to produce 30% of all UK electricity from renewable sources by 2020
- UK's first wind farm built in Cornwall in 1991
(Sources: RenewableUK, DECC)
More top news
As temperatures rise over the coming few days, the risk of thunderstorms across some southern parts
Margot James was asked about her own experiences of receiving abuse on the internet.
Matt Hancock said new laws will tackle the internet's "wild west" that will make Britain the "safest place in the world" to be online.