- More than 340 onshore wind projects - or 3,327 wind turbines - currently in the UK
- Current capacity generates 5,028 MW - enough to power about 3.76m homes
- 4,000 onshore wind turbines due to be built by 2020
- Target to produce 30% of all UK electricity from renewable sources by 2020
- UK's first wind farm built in Cornwall in 1991
(Sources: RenewableUK, DECC)
More top news
Senator Chuck Grassley has written to Ms Ford’s lawyers.
Celia Barquin Arozamena was the Big 12 women’s golf champion this year.
He became a driving force in the creation of the Dance Theatre of Harlem.