- More than 340 onshore wind projects - or 3,327 wind turbines - currently in the UK
- Current capacity generates 5,028 MW - enough to power about 3.76m homes
- 4,000 onshore wind turbines due to be built by 2020
- Target to produce 30% of all UK electricity from renewable sources by 2020
- UK's first wind farm built in Cornwall in 1991
(Sources: RenewableUK, DECC)
More top news
An airliner carrying 147 passengers had to make an emergency landing after the pilot died during the flight.
Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt has been urged to apologise for suggesting tax credit cuts will make Britons work harder.
Tonight it'll stay wet across northern areas of Britain, with further showers pushing into the South West.