- More than 340 onshore wind projects - or 3,327 wind turbines - currently in the UK
- Current capacity generates 5,028 MW - enough to power about 3.76m homes
- 4,000 onshore wind turbines due to be built by 2020
- Target to produce 30% of all UK electricity from renewable sources by 2020
- UK's first wind farm built in Cornwall in 1991
(Sources: RenewableUK, DECC)
More top news
Thunderstorms affect mostly southeast England on Thursday with a mixture of sunny spells and showers into the afternoon.
The government has been forced to release a full report into the impact of fracking, after initially handing over a heavily-redacted version
Midfielder Kartie Chapman's husband and three sons, will be nervously watching the semi-final against Japan back in England.