- More than 340 onshore wind projects - or 3,327 wind turbines - currently in the UK
- Current capacity generates 5,028 MW - enough to power about 3.76m homes
- 4,000 onshore wind turbines due to be built by 2020
- Target to produce 30% of all UK electricity from renewable sources by 2020
- UK's first wind farm built in Cornwall in 1991
(Sources: RenewableUK, DECC)
More top news
Export income also rose compared to the previous year.
The news comes as an inquest is due to open for Dawn Sturgess, who died days after apparently coming into contact with Novichok.
The £55.7 billion project will “fundamentally” change how Britons view rail travel, the Government-backed firm behind the scheme says.