- More than 340 onshore wind projects - or 3,327 wind turbines - currently in the UK
- Current capacity generates 5,028 MW - enough to power about 3.76m homes
- 4,000 onshore wind turbines due to be built by 2020
- Target to produce 30% of all UK electricity from renewable sources by 2020
- UK's first wind farm built in Cornwall in 1991
(Sources: RenewableUK, DECC)
More top news
A report published by the Boundary Commission for England details plans to reduce the number of MPs by scrapping 50 constituencies.
The slump will spark scrutiny, especially as statistics show a rise in racially or religiously motivated offences following the EU vote.
The 53-year-old was killed shortly after leaving her home in Mosta, Prime Minister Joseph Muscat said.