- More than 340 onshore wind projects - or 3,327 wind turbines - currently in the UK
- Current capacity generates 5,028 MW - enough to power about 3.76m homes
- 4,000 onshore wind turbines due to be built by 2020
- Target to produce 30% of all UK electricity from renewable sources by 2020
- UK's first wind farm built in Cornwall in 1991
(Sources: RenewableUK, DECC)
More top news
Peter Pickering - who became known as the Beast of Wombwell - has been found guilty of abducting and raping a woman forty-six years ago.
Minibuses and removal vans have been at the Russian embassy in London as 23 expelled diplomats prepare to leave the UK.
This is now the fifth explosion in Texas in less than three weeks – four of which have taken place in the state capital, Austin.