- More than 340 onshore wind projects - or 3,327 wind turbines - currently in the UK
- Current capacity generates 5,028 MW - enough to power about 3.76m homes
- 4,000 onshore wind turbines due to be built by 2020
- Target to produce 30% of all UK electricity from renewable sources by 2020
- UK's first wind farm built in Cornwall in 1991
(Sources: RenewableUK, DECC)
More top news
Dramatic video recorded during the return of NASA’s Orion through Earth’s atmosphere reveals intense conditions on the Orion spacecraft.
Rain will continue to fall in the north and west of England as the south remains largely dry for the start of the day.
Records reveal The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit might never have been written had JRR Tolkien not fallen ill with “trench fever”