- More than 340 onshore wind projects - or 3,327 wind turbines - currently in the UK
- Current capacity generates 5,028 MW - enough to power about 3.76m homes
- 4,000 onshore wind turbines due to be built by 2020
- Target to produce 30% of all UK electricity from renewable sources by 2020
- UK's first wind farm built in Cornwall in 1991
(Sources: RenewableUK, DECC)
More top news
Very windy with gales possible
Strong performance from world number 100 meant Great Britain very nearly dominated day one of the competition.
As a promotion Black Friday is flawed. While it whips up demand and redistributes it the event doesn't obviously generate additional sales.