- More than 340 onshore wind projects - or 3,327 wind turbines - currently in the UK
- Current capacity generates 5,028 MW - enough to power about 3.76m homes
- 4,000 onshore wind turbines due to be built by 2020
- Target to produce 30% of all UK electricity from renewable sources by 2020
- UK's first wind farm built in Cornwall in 1991
(Sources: RenewableUK, DECC)
More top news
The 81-year-old revealed she wasn't asked to follow the hit TV show to Channel 4, and wouldn't have been tempted by the money.
Minister will fail to eliminate the gender pay gap in a generation if it continues to "ignore" evidence to help achieve its goal, MPs warn.
Report criticises ministers for lack of long term plan to recruit and retain teachers in important subjects such as physics and maths.