- More than 340 onshore wind projects - or 3,327 wind turbines - currently in the UK
- Current capacity generates 5,028 MW - enough to power about 3.76m homes
- 4,000 onshore wind turbines due to be built by 2020
- Target to produce 30% of all UK electricity from renewable sources by 2020
- UK's first wind farm built in Cornwall in 1991
(Sources: RenewableUK, DECC)
More top news
At least 10 Olympic medallists are reportedly among the Russian athletes who have tested positive for doping at the 2008 Beijing Games.
The actress and director tells ITV News cable TV is a better place than mainstream Hollywood for female filmmakers to get opportunities.
Professor Alexander Haddow's papers on Zika virus have been rediscovered in the University of Glasgow's archive, after nearly 40 years.