- More than 340 onshore wind projects - or 3,327 wind turbines - currently in the UK
- Current capacity generates 5,028 MW - enough to power about 3.76m homes
- 4,000 onshore wind turbines due to be built by 2020
- Target to produce 30% of all UK electricity from renewable sources by 2020
- UK's first wind farm built in Cornwall in 1991
(Sources: RenewableUK, DECC)
More top news
A man with no recollection of who he is has been found in London, with police appealing for help to identify him.
Taxi booking service Uber has reportedly been valued at nearly $51 billion.
Two people have been charged with manslaughter after a woman died while bungee jumping in Spain.