- Only one in 10 people know that a persistent cough for three weeks or more could be a symptom of lung cancer.
- If caught early enough, lung cancer can be cured, with five-year survival rate being 80 per cent. If allowed to spread, that figure drops to 7 per cent.
- Around 41,000 people are diagnosed with lung cancer each year (23,000 men and 18,000 women).
- It kills almost 35,000 people each year- that is 96 people every day or one person every 15 minutes.
- The death toll from lung cancer is more than breast cancer, prostate cancer, bladder cancer and leukaemia combined.
- UK survival rates lag significantly behind UK other comparable EU countries - as well as Sweden, Denmark, Norway Australia and Canada
More top news
The false alarm led to a major security crackdown at Geneva Airport after the desperate woman made the false threat to Swiss customs.
Cloud will be theme of today.
James Corden's hit sketch starring the likes of Michelle Obama and Adele has been bought by Apple for an exclusive 16-part series.