There are two main types of primary lung cancer, which behave and respond to treatment quite differently. They are:
- Small cell lung cancer is usually caused by smoking and it’s rare for someone who has never smoked to develop this type of lung cancer.
- Small cell lung cancer is often fast-growing and can spread quite quickly.
- Squamous cell carcinoma: This type of lung cancer is often caused by smoking.
- Adenocarcinoma: This develops from the cells that produce phlegm in the lining of the airways.
- Large cell carcinoma: This gets its name from the large, rounded cells that are seen when they are examined under a microscope.
More top news
Fresh from his straight sets victory, Murray confirmed he would play in the opening tie against Japan next year.
German Chancellor Angela Merkel said in return the EU would speed up visa-free travel for Turks and its efforts to join the 28-nation bloc.
Colonel Richard Kemp told ITV News Britain must send in ground troops to have any chance of stopping the terror group.