There are two main types of primary lung cancer, which behave and respond to treatment quite differently. They are:
- Small cell lung cancer is usually caused by smoking and it’s rare for someone who has never smoked to develop this type of lung cancer.
- Small cell lung cancer is often fast-growing and can spread quite quickly.
- Squamous cell carcinoma: This type of lung cancer is often caused by smoking.
- Adenocarcinoma: This develops from the cells that produce phlegm in the lining of the airways.
- Large cell carcinoma: This gets its name from the large, rounded cells that are seen when they are examined under a microscope.
More top news
Even the help of rain delays could not save England's desperate attempt to push for a draw in Perth as the hosts claimed the series win.
Guillier conceded a "severe defeat" defeat to his supporters as the result came in.
The outage struck Hartfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport at around 1pm local time, stopping all outgoing flights.