The termination of G4S's contract to run the Wolds prison is another blow to the firm, following its failure to provide enough staff for the London Olympics:
- The Wolds is a category C training prison in east Yorkshire
- Holds up to 395 men
- Run by G4S since it opened in 1992
- Said to have "clear weaknesses" in HM Inspectorate of Prisons report in August
- Will return to the public sector at the end of the current contract in July 2013
- G4S shares were down 5% after the announcement
- G4S also failed in bids to land three other prison contracts
- However, the security firm still runs five other UK prisons
More top news
A 16ft python that would have been "capable of attacking a person" has been found dead in a canal sparking a police investigation.
A six-year-old boy was shot in the stomach by his brother, aged five, in the third child shooting in just four days in Texas.
Social media users have been sharing their amended versions of the incredible pictures.