The termination of G4S's contract to run the Wolds prison is another blow to the firm, following its failure to provide enough staff for the London Olympics:
- The Wolds is a category C training prison in east Yorkshire
- Holds up to 395 men
- Run by G4S since it opened in 1992
- Said to have "clear weaknesses" in HM Inspectorate of Prisons report in August
- Will return to the public sector at the end of the current contract in July 2013
- G4S shares were down 5% after the announcement
- G4S also failed in bids to land three other prison contracts
- However, the security firm still runs five other UK prisons
More top news
Karl, 17, was stabbed to death when his friends became involved in a row with around a gang of youths in Hackney, east London in 2004.
Researchers believe they have found the wreckage of British explorer James Cook's ship "Endeavour".
Four kittens have been rescued from a fire by emergency services in California, USA.