The termination of G4S's contract to run the Wolds prison is another blow to the firm, following its failure to provide enough staff for the London Olympics:
- The Wolds is a category C training prison in east Yorkshire
- Holds up to 395 men
- Run by G4S since it opened in 1992
- Said to have "clear weaknesses" in HM Inspectorate of Prisons report in August
- Will return to the public sector at the end of the current contract in July 2013
- G4S shares were down 5% after the announcement
- G4S also failed in bids to land three other prison contracts
- However, the security firm still runs five other UK prisons
More top news
Female inmates compete to create the most fabulous cell in a contest designed to ease the pain of being away from family at the holidays.
A 15 year old boy has pleaded guilty to causing the deaths of five people by dangerous driving in a car crash in Leeds.
The actress, who recently got engaged to Prince Harry, will take part in festivities on the Queen's private estate in Norfolk.