The termination of G4S's contract to run the Wolds prison is another blow to the firm, following its failure to provide enough staff for the London Olympics:
- The Wolds is a category C training prison in east Yorkshire
- Holds up to 395 men
- Run by G4S since it opened in 1992
- Said to have "clear weaknesses" in HM Inspectorate of Prisons report in August
- Will return to the public sector at the end of the current contract in July 2013
- G4S shares were down 5% after the announcement
- G4S also failed in bids to land three other prison contracts
- However, the security firm still runs five other UK prisons
More top news
Fire crews released a woman from an overturned car after it went off the A12 at Ingatestone in Essex.
Star of cult TV drama The Wire actor Idris Elba has said he sees himself as "an odd, tall black man that doesn't quite fit in".
Big celebrations for one couple and their families after they got married - in a busy shopping centre !