The termination of G4S's contract to run the Wolds prison is another blow to the firm, following its failure to provide enough staff for the London Olympics:
- The Wolds is a category C training prison in east Yorkshire
- Holds up to 395 men
- Run by G4S since it opened in 1992
- Said to have "clear weaknesses" in HM Inspectorate of Prisons report in August
- Will return to the public sector at the end of the current contract in July 2013
- G4S shares were down 5% after the announcement
- G4S also failed in bids to land three other prison contracts
- However, the security firm still runs five other UK prisons
More top news
More than nine out of 10 councils say being allowed to raise council tax has made no difference to their ability to provide social care.
The businesswoman and philanthropist endured abuse and media intrusion as she became the face of the legal challenge against the Government.
If the UK government sticks to its position of there not being a special deal for Scotland, Sturgeon may reach for indyref2.