The termination of G4S's contract to run the Wolds prison is another blow to the firm, following its failure to provide enough staff for the London Olympics:
- The Wolds is a category C training prison in east Yorkshire
- Holds up to 395 men
- Run by G4S since it opened in 1992
- Said to have "clear weaknesses" in HM Inspectorate of Prisons report in August
- Will return to the public sector at the end of the current contract in July 2013
- G4S shares were down 5% after the announcement
- G4S also failed in bids to land three other prison contracts
- However, the security firm still runs five other UK prisons
More top news
It's looking to become drier and brighter by the middle of the week but in the meantime we might need a bit of patience.
Teen charged with planning mass murder at former college defends keeping stash at home and says: "I wasn't going to ******* shoot anyone".
Depressed and close to suicide, Louisa Tanner was forced to spend the night in a police cell after being turned away from three hospitals.