The termination of G4S's contract to run the Wolds prison is another blow to the firm, following its failure to provide enough staff for the London Olympics:
- The Wolds is a category C training prison in east Yorkshire
- Holds up to 395 men
- Run by G4S since it opened in 1992
- Said to have "clear weaknesses" in HM Inspectorate of Prisons report in August
- Will return to the public sector at the end of the current contract in July 2013
- G4S shares were down 5% after the announcement
- G4S also failed in bids to land three other prison contracts
- However, the security firm still runs five other UK prisons
More top news
As we see in the end of August, we mark the meteorological end of summer 2015.
The Olympic and World champion seem unfazed by the electric vehicle which sent him flying in Beijing.
The rapper declared his intention to run at the end of a rambling acceptance speech at the VMAs last night.