The termination of G4S's contract to run the Wolds prison is another blow to the firm, following its failure to provide enough staff for the London Olympics:
- The Wolds is a category C training prison in east Yorkshire
- Holds up to 395 men
- Run by G4S since it opened in 1992
- Said to have "clear weaknesses" in HM Inspectorate of Prisons report in August
- Will return to the public sector at the end of the current contract in July 2013
- G4S shares were down 5% after the announcement
- G4S also failed in bids to land three other prison contracts
- However, the security firm still runs five other UK prisons
More top news
The families of five young men who died have questioned why more was not done to protect beachgoers after a death at the beach last month.
A car bomb attack in a Turkish town near the Syrian border has killed at least nine and left dozens injured
Hospitals do not have enough staff or money to be able to achieve what the NHS is being asked to do, a health expert warned.