The termination of G4S's contract to run the Wolds prison is another blow to the firm, following its failure to provide enough staff for the London Olympics:
- The Wolds is a category C training prison in east Yorkshire
- Holds up to 395 men
- Run by G4S since it opened in 1992
- Said to have "clear weaknesses" in HM Inspectorate of Prisons report in August
- Will return to the public sector at the end of the current contract in July 2013
- G4S shares were down 5% after the announcement
- G4S also failed in bids to land three other prison contracts
- However, the security firm still runs five other UK prisons
More top news
Police e-fit software been used to create the faces of the most beautiful man and woman in the world.
A new law which allows councils to ban activities in public spaces is leading to "bizarre new criminal offences", campaigners claim.
The Serious Fraud Office has been fined £180k after confidential documents from a high-profile investigation were sent to the wrong person.