The termination of G4S's contract to run the Wolds prison is another blow to the firm, following its failure to provide enough staff for the London Olympics:
- The Wolds is a category C training prison in east Yorkshire
- Holds up to 395 men
- Run by G4S since it opened in 1992
- Said to have "clear weaknesses" in HM Inspectorate of Prisons report in August
- Will return to the public sector at the end of the current contract in July 2013
- G4S shares were down 5% after the announcement
- G4S also failed in bids to land three other prison contracts
- However, the security firm still runs five other UK prisons
More top news
A British suicide bomber who helped Islamic State militants advance into Ramadi was a popular body-building schoolboy, ITV News can reveal.
The was no stick in sight as an Elephant used its trunk to take amazing selfie that a snapper dubbed an 'elphie'.
A package that caused a panic at the West Yorkshire offices of recently-deposed MP George Galloway has been declared safe by police.