The termination of G4S's contract to run the Wolds prison is another blow to the firm, following its failure to provide enough staff for the London Olympics:
- The Wolds is a category C training prison in east Yorkshire
- Holds up to 395 men
- Run by G4S since it opened in 1992
- Said to have "clear weaknesses" in HM Inspectorate of Prisons report in August
- Will return to the public sector at the end of the current contract in July 2013
- G4S shares were down 5% after the announcement
- G4S also failed in bids to land three other prison contracts
- However, the security firm still runs five other UK prisons
More top news
Northwestern Scotland and Northern Ireland face a rain-hit weekend, while the rest of Britain enjoys some bright but generally dry weather.
All this week while reporting, I have been taking photos. They offer powerful portraits of the lives affected by the desperate outbreak.
Some of the world's biggest football clubs will ask FIFA to move the 2022 World Cup to spring.