The termination of G4S's contract to run the Wolds prison is another blow to the firm, following its failure to provide enough staff for the London Olympics:
- The Wolds is a category C training prison in east Yorkshire
- Holds up to 395 men
- Run by G4S since it opened in 1992
- Said to have "clear weaknesses" in HM Inspectorate of Prisons report in August
- Will return to the public sector at the end of the current contract in July 2013
- G4S shares were down 5% after the announcement
- G4S also failed in bids to land three other prison contracts
- However, the security firm still runs five other UK prisons
More top news
Ex CPS boss says it was a "serious failing" by prosecutors not informing him of an investigation into allegations against Lord Janner.
Today there'll be plenty of sunshine across the British Isles with wispy cloud towards the coast.
A Star Wars-themed fleet of planes is set to take to the skies after Japan's Ana Airways announced a partnership with Lucasfilm.