- The average number of births per midwife has worsened recently and RCM estimate the UK is short of 5,150 full-time equivalent midwives
- More than a quarter of UK heads of midwifery told RCM that their budget has been cut in the last 12 months
- In a poll of 2,000 midwives, 89% said they did not feel able to give women all the care and support they need
- Newly-qualified midwives are struggling to find jobs and a third of new midwives are unemployed
- Of these, almost a half (47%) have been looking for a job for more than three months
More top news
A senior employee at the organisation reportedly derided the three-year-old royal for being 'royal, rich' and "advantaged'.
The company plead guilty to two counts of breaching the Health and Safety at Work Act after the grisly accidents.
In the run-up to the Rio Olympic Games, ITV News speaks to four Olympic hopefuls in Team GB. Today we profile gymnast Claudia Fragapane.