- The average number of births per midwife has worsened recently and RCM estimate the UK is short of 5,150 full-time equivalent midwives
- More than a quarter of UK heads of midwifery told RCM that their budget has been cut in the last 12 months
- In a poll of 2,000 midwives, 89% said they did not feel able to give women all the care and support they need
- Newly-qualified midwives are struggling to find jobs and a third of new midwives are unemployed
- Of these, almost a half (47%) have been looking for a job for more than three months
More top news
Eoghan Murphy insisted the focus should be on getting houses built.
President Trump blamed Democrats for not fixing the law, despite the GOP being divided on the issue and unable to agree on an immigration pl
Fashion is an important part of the annual meet and men must wear socks this year or risk being turned away.