- The average number of births per midwife has worsened recently and RCM estimate the UK is short of 5,150 full-time equivalent midwives
- More than a quarter of UK heads of midwifery told RCM that their budget has been cut in the last 12 months
- In a poll of 2,000 midwives, 89% said they did not feel able to give women all the care and support they need
- Newly-qualified midwives are struggling to find jobs and a third of new midwives are unemployed
- Of these, almost a half (47%) have been looking for a job for more than three months
More top news
Seasonal rains have battered the country since late June with more than 150,000 people affected by floods and landslides.
The bus reportedly hit a tree near Russell Square.
Low pressure will throw cloud and few showers across the UK today, but it will also draw in very warm air from Europe again.