- The average number of births per midwife has worsened recently and RCM estimate the UK is short of 5,150 full-time equivalent midwives
- More than a quarter of UK heads of midwifery told RCM that their budget has been cut in the last 12 months
- In a poll of 2,000 midwives, 89% said they did not feel able to give women all the care and support they need
- Newly-qualified midwives are struggling to find jobs and a third of new midwives are unemployed
- Of these, almost a half (47%) have been looking for a job for more than three months
More top news
Tara Christmas's kitten Elsa was put on a drip when she collapsed last Christmas after eating the leaves of the festive plant.
Morgues in the area are struggling to cope with the rising death toll after the roof fell in on worshippers during a service.
Russian air strikes have forced Islamic State to retreat to the outskirts of the ancient city, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said.