- The average number of births per midwife has worsened recently and RCM estimate the UK is short of 5,150 full-time equivalent midwives
- More than a quarter of UK heads of midwifery told RCM that their budget has been cut in the last 12 months
- In a poll of 2,000 midwives, 89% said they did not feel able to give women all the care and support they need
- Newly-qualified midwives are struggling to find jobs and a third of new midwives are unemployed
- Of these, almost a half (47%) have been looking for a job for more than three months
More top news
On the day of the race, the fundraising website went down due to a rush of last-minute donors.
The device was found outside the gates of Holy Cross Boys' Primary School in Belfast.
The Liberal Democrat leader has been attacked after he refused to say that he does not believe gay sex is a sin.