- Antibiotics are losing their effectiveness at an increasing rate, the Department of Health have warned.
- There are very few new antibiotics in the development pipeline.
- Existing antibiotics should be used wisely in order to stay effective, the Department of Health have said.
- Many antibiotics are prescribed and used for mild infections when they don’t need to be.
- Colds and most coughs, sinusitis, earache and sore throats often get better without antibiotics.
More top news
Conspiracy theorists claim this picture shows a "human-like being" fixing Nasa's Curiosity Rover on the surface of Mars.
The Brit actor has already won a Golden Globe and now a Screen Actor Guilds Award - which is widely known for predicting Oscar success.
A man standing trial accused of murdering two pensioners has been found hanging in his prison cell, police say.