- Antibiotics are losing their effectiveness at an increasing rate, the Department of Health have warned.
- There are very few new antibiotics in the development pipeline.
- Existing antibiotics should be used wisely in order to stay effective, the Department of Health have said.
- Many antibiotics are prescribed and used for mild infections when they don’t need to be.
- Colds and most coughs, sinusitis, earache and sore throats often get better without antibiotics.
More top news
Syrian refugee children have been making clothes for British shoppers, it has been claimed.
A judgement is due on Monday on a Christian bakery’s appeal against a ruling that found them guilty of discrimination against a gay man.
The crash happened at about 7.20am local time as the plane was heading for Misrata in Libya.