- Antibiotics are losing their effectiveness at an increasing rate, the Department of Health have warned.
- There are very few new antibiotics in the development pipeline.
- Existing antibiotics should be used wisely in order to stay effective, the Department of Health have said.
- Many antibiotics are prescribed and used for mild infections when they don’t need to be.
- Colds and most coughs, sinusitis, earache and sore throats often get better without antibiotics.
More top news
An exit poll is due later tonight and counting will begin on Saturday morning, with the result expected later that day.
Major General Felix Gedney admitted "we don’t know exactly where he is" and it's still unclear whether has been killed.
Heavily pregnant Zara Tindall was watching from the sidelines as the Duke of Cambridge took part in a charity polo match.