- Antibiotics are losing their effectiveness at an increasing rate, the Department of Health have warned.
- There are very few new antibiotics in the development pipeline.
- Existing antibiotics should be used wisely in order to stay effective, the Department of Health have said.
- Many antibiotics are prescribed and used for mild infections when they don’t need to be.
- Colds and most coughs, sinusitis, earache and sore throats often get better without antibiotics.
More top news
The victim reported Samantha Watt to police in July after she discovered the photos had been put up on her Facebook page.
The roof and floors collapsed during the blaze at the property, one of Britain's finest Palladian mansions.
The BBC Three TV channel is to be made an online-only channel after the cost-cutting measure was approved by the BBC Trust.