- Antibiotics are losing their effectiveness at an increasing rate, the Department of Health have warned.
- There are very few new antibiotics in the development pipeline.
- Existing antibiotics should be used wisely in order to stay effective, the Department of Health have said.
- Many antibiotics are prescribed and used for mild infections when they don’t need to be.
- Colds and most coughs, sinusitis, earache and sore throats often get better without antibiotics.
More top news
Tony Davies was the first civilian to reach Pc Palmer after he was stabbed during the Westminster attack.
Defiant Londoners put on a show of solidarity for the victims of the Westminster terror attack at a vigil in their honour.
Weather set to improve with plenty of sunshine by Saturday