- Antibiotics are losing their effectiveness at an increasing rate, the Department of Health have warned.
- There are very few new antibiotics in the development pipeline.
- Existing antibiotics should be used wisely in order to stay effective, the Department of Health have said.
- Many antibiotics are prescribed and used for mild infections when they don’t need to be.
- Colds and most coughs, sinusitis, earache and sore throats often get better without antibiotics.
More top news
Mark Acklom, who wanted over an alleged £850k romance scam, is believed to be with his wife and two daughters.
The denial came after a German paper reported that Theresa May was also said to have appeared "despondent and discouraged" at the dinner.
Jamie Harron was arrested in July over an incident in which he said he put his hand on a man's hip to avoid spilling a drink in a bar.