- Antibiotics are losing their effectiveness at an increasing rate, the Department of Health have warned.
- There are very few new antibiotics in the development pipeline.
- Existing antibiotics should be used wisely in order to stay effective, the Department of Health have said.
- Many antibiotics are prescribed and used for mild infections when they don’t need to be.
- Colds and most coughs, sinusitis, earache and sore throats often get better without antibiotics.
More top news
The controversial extraction method has given some an economic lifeline but others say it has ruined the tranquility of the area.
After unseasonably windy weather today with gales and big battering waves along exposed western coastal spots a little calmer into tomorrow
A man who has been called a Godfather of football hooliganism by police has been banned from every ground in the country for five years.