The Times political reporter Laura Pitel reported yesterday that a message was read out on behalf of Mr Blair which said: "My father has been taken seriously ill and I wanted to be with him."
More top news
A hapless burglar has died from smoke inhalation and thermal burns after getting stuck in a chimney while trying to rob a house.
From the canals of Venice to a remote island in the Pacific Ocean, the effects of climate change are worryingly visible across the globe.
Singer posted on Facebook that she had taken an overdose and hidden in a hotel.