- The brutal attack on an 11-year-old and a nine-year-old was by two brothers, aged 10 and 11, in Edlington, South Yorkshire, in 2009.
- The brothers lured their victims to a secluded spot and subjected them to 90 minutes of violence and sexual humiliation.
- The victims, who are uncle and nephew, were strangled, hit with bricks, made to eat nettles, stripped and forced to sexually abuse each other.
- The attackers were locked up in 2010 for a minimum of five years.
- A serious case review concluded the attack was "a preventable incident" and identified "more than 30 opportunities that could, with different and clearer judgment and action have reduced the harm suffered by (the brothers) and their harm to others."
More top news
A thoughtful teenager has taken Valentine's romance to a whole new level by buying 900 flowers and giving one to every girl in his school.
The group of Adelie penguins dwindled from 160,000 to 10,000 after an iceberg got stuck near their colony, scientists have found.
At least 10 people have been injured after more than 50 cars were involved in a pile-up on a busy highway in Pennsylvania.