The ABI survey, to coincide with the start of Road Safety Week, was conducted by YouGov, with 3,742 people polled.
The survey found:
- 76% agreed that there should be restrictions on young drivers after passing their driving test.
- 71% supported restricting the number of young passengers that newly qualified young drivers were allowed to carry.
- 57% agreed with a minimum 12-month learning period before taking the driving test to enable young drivers to gain more supervised practice.
- 60% supported changes to the driving test and the way in which it was conducted.
- 58% supported a restriction on night-time driving (11pm-4am) for newly qualified young drivers.
More top news
People who suffer from back pain may have closer links to their chimpanzee ancestors, according to researchers.
David Cameron will say the Tories are the party of the "grafters, roofers, retailers and plumbers" as he set out plans to help small firms
Lib Dem leader Nick Clegg will say his party are fighting '60 Eastleighs' on the campaign trail in the Hampshire constituency today.