The ABI survey, to coincide with the start of Road Safety Week, was conducted by YouGov, with 3,742 people polled.
The survey found:
- 76% agreed that there should be restrictions on young drivers after passing their driving test.
- 71% supported restricting the number of young passengers that newly qualified young drivers were allowed to carry.
- 57% agreed with a minimum 12-month learning period before taking the driving test to enable young drivers to gain more supervised practice.
- 60% supported changes to the driving test and the way in which it was conducted.
- 58% supported a restriction on night-time driving (11pm-4am) for newly qualified young drivers.
More top news
Following Bradford City downing Premier League leaders Chelsea on Saturday, we take a look at the greatest FA Cup upsets.
In an audio statement given by the remaining Japanese captive, IS said they would let him go in exchange for their 'imprisoned sister'.
It will be a little warmer than yesterday for most, but the day will largely be punctuated by cloud and scattered showers.