The ABI survey, to coincide with the start of Road Safety Week, was conducted by YouGov, with 3,742 people polled.
The survey found:
- 76% agreed that there should be restrictions on young drivers after passing their driving test.
- 71% supported restricting the number of young passengers that newly qualified young drivers were allowed to carry.
- 57% agreed with a minimum 12-month learning period before taking the driving test to enable young drivers to gain more supervised practice.
- 60% supported changes to the driving test and the way in which it was conducted.
- 58% supported a restriction on night-time driving (11pm-4am) for newly qualified young drivers.
More top news
A Manchester couple who funded their lavish globetrotting lifestyle by defrauding the NHS of up to £1 million have been jailed.
Disappointing grey skies, with a lot of cloud cover for most of the UK, but it will remain mainly mild for the time of year.
The cricketing landscape has changed following the tragic death of Australia batsman Phil Hughes, writes Mark Austin.