The ABI survey, to coincide with the start of Road Safety Week, was conducted by YouGov, with 3,742 people polled.
The survey found:
- 76% agreed that there should be restrictions on young drivers after passing their driving test.
- 71% supported restricting the number of young passengers that newly qualified young drivers were allowed to carry.
- 57% agreed with a minimum 12-month learning period before taking the driving test to enable young drivers to gain more supervised practice.
- 60% supported changes to the driving test and the way in which it was conducted.
- 58% supported a restriction on night-time driving (11pm-4am) for newly qualified young drivers.
More top news
A mosaic of American film legend Clint Eastwood made from thousands of bullet cases has been created to mark his 85th birthday tomorrow.
Former Lib Dem leader Nick Clegg is among 89 European Union politicians and other senior figures who have been banned from entering Russia.
The Gunners demolished a lacklustre Villa side in ruthless fashion at Wembley