The ABI survey, to coincide with the start of Road Safety Week, was conducted by YouGov, with 3,742 people polled.
The survey found:
- 76% agreed that there should be restrictions on young drivers after passing their driving test.
- 71% supported restricting the number of young passengers that newly qualified young drivers were allowed to carry.
- 57% agreed with a minimum 12-month learning period before taking the driving test to enable young drivers to gain more supervised practice.
- 60% supported changes to the driving test and the way in which it was conducted.
- 58% supported a restriction on night-time driving (11pm-4am) for newly qualified young drivers.
More top news
North Korea has blamed Malaysia for the death of Kim Jong-nam, the half-brother of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un.
Following months of speculation, the former Girls Aloud singer has finally gone public with her pregnancy.
No surprise that David Bowie won at the Brits tonight, the show felt dominated by the stars that have died in the past year.