The ABI survey, to coincide with the start of Road Safety Week, was conducted by YouGov, with 3,742 people polled.
The survey found:
- 76% agreed that there should be restrictions on young drivers after passing their driving test.
- 71% supported restricting the number of young passengers that newly qualified young drivers were allowed to carry.
- 57% agreed with a minimum 12-month learning period before taking the driving test to enable young drivers to gain more supervised practice.
- 60% supported changes to the driving test and the way in which it was conducted.
- 58% supported a restriction on night-time driving (11pm-4am) for newly qualified young drivers.
More top news
Kristi Loyall had her foot amputated after she was diagnosed with cancer, but since then her Instagram account has been an inspiration.
Sue Peckitt, 65, didn't like the taste of the drink she bought in Ealing so decided to get rid of it.
Libyan dissident Abdel Hakim Belhaj claims he and his wife were victims of a secret rendition in a joint MI6/CIA operation.