The ABI survey, to coincide with the start of Road Safety Week, was conducted by YouGov, with 3,742 people polled.
The survey found:
- 76% agreed that there should be restrictions on young drivers after passing their driving test.
- 71% supported restricting the number of young passengers that newly qualified young drivers were allowed to carry.
- 57% agreed with a minimum 12-month learning period before taking the driving test to enable young drivers to gain more supervised practice.
- 60% supported changes to the driving test and the way in which it was conducted.
- 58% supported a restriction on night-time driving (11pm-4am) for newly qualified young drivers.
More top news
Olly Murs will only consider replacing Dermot O'Leary as host of the X Factor if Caroline Flack joins him on the show.
The attack on a college in Garissa, Kenya, comes a day after President Uhuru Kenyatta declared: ''Kenya is safe".
The pre-trial hearing for a British banker, accused of murdering two women in Hong Kong last November, was adjourned for five weeks.