The ABI survey, to coincide with the start of Road Safety Week, was conducted by YouGov, with 3,742 people polled.
The survey found:
- 76% agreed that there should be restrictions on young drivers after passing their driving test.
- 71% supported restricting the number of young passengers that newly qualified young drivers were allowed to carry.
- 57% agreed with a minimum 12-month learning period before taking the driving test to enable young drivers to gain more supervised practice.
- 60% supported changes to the driving test and the way in which it was conducted.
- 58% supported a restriction on night-time driving (11pm-4am) for newly qualified young drivers.
More top news
Prime Minister Theresa May said in October the Government will shift towards an organ donation system in England which presumes consent.
Gove's comments came as a draft bill enshrining animal sentience into UK law was published.
Gary Oldman may have been an unlikely candidate to play Churchill but the film Darkest Hour has earned him a Golden Globe nomination.