The ABI survey, to coincide with the start of Road Safety Week, was conducted by YouGov, with 3,742 people polled.
The survey found:
- 76% agreed that there should be restrictions on young drivers after passing their driving test.
- 71% supported restricting the number of young passengers that newly qualified young drivers were allowed to carry.
- 57% agreed with a minimum 12-month learning period before taking the driving test to enable young drivers to gain more supervised practice.
- 60% supported changes to the driving test and the way in which it was conducted.
- 58% supported a restriction on night-time driving (11pm-4am) for newly qualified young drivers.
More top news
Skies clear across many areas overnight but heavy rain moves in across Ireland.
The bomb exploded after a group of children picked it up thinking it was a toy, a relative of one of the victims said.
Cladding from high-rise flats in 25 local authority areas has now proved to be potentially flammable in the urgent safety review.