The ABI survey, to coincide with the start of Road Safety Week, was conducted by YouGov, with 3,742 people polled.
The survey found:
- 76% agreed that there should be restrictions on young drivers after passing their driving test.
- 71% supported restricting the number of young passengers that newly qualified young drivers were allowed to carry.
- 57% agreed with a minimum 12-month learning period before taking the driving test to enable young drivers to gain more supervised practice.
- 60% supported changes to the driving test and the way in which it was conducted.
- 58% supported a restriction on night-time driving (11pm-4am) for newly qualified young drivers.
More top news
Gales near coasts and on hills.
The Prime Minister has rubbished the claim from the former London mayor that British troops were 'discredited' after Iraq and Afghanistan
Brothers Andy and Jamie Murray have beaten Belgian pair David Goffin and Steve Darcis to take a 2-1 lead in the Davis Cup Final