The ABI survey, to coincide with the start of Road Safety Week, was conducted by YouGov, with 3,742 people polled.
The survey found:
- 76% agreed that there should be restrictions on young drivers after passing their driving test.
- 71% supported restricting the number of young passengers that newly qualified young drivers were allowed to carry.
- 57% agreed with a minimum 12-month learning period before taking the driving test to enable young drivers to gain more supervised practice.
- 60% supported changes to the driving test and the way in which it was conducted.
- 58% supported a restriction on night-time driving (11pm-4am) for newly qualified young drivers.
More top news
Metal girders fell down and the roof collapsed onto worshippers during a service, witnesses said.
The tanker slammed into other vehicles and burst into flames on a major road leading from the capital Nairobi.
The 2012 Olympic champion secured a decisive win against Molina clearing the way to a showdown with Wladimir Klitschko in the new year.