The ABI survey, to coincide with the start of Road Safety Week, was conducted by YouGov, with 3,742 people polled.
The survey found:
- 76% agreed that there should be restrictions on young drivers after passing their driving test.
- 71% supported restricting the number of young passengers that newly qualified young drivers were allowed to carry.
- 57% agreed with a minimum 12-month learning period before taking the driving test to enable young drivers to gain more supervised practice.
- 60% supported changes to the driving test and the way in which it was conducted.
- 58% supported a restriction on night-time driving (11pm-4am) for newly qualified young drivers.
More top news
Following a bruising televised debate with Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump's week seems to have only got worse.
Monarch's package holiday licence has been temporarily extended with the airline receiving "significant further investment".
Ex-football manager Harry Redknapp told undercover reporters his own players bet on the result of one of their own matches, it is claimed.