The ABI survey, to coincide with the start of Road Safety Week, was conducted by YouGov, with 3,742 people polled.
The survey found:
- 76% agreed that there should be restrictions on young drivers after passing their driving test.
- 71% supported restricting the number of young passengers that newly qualified young drivers were allowed to carry.
- 57% agreed with a minimum 12-month learning period before taking the driving test to enable young drivers to gain more supervised practice.
- 60% supported changes to the driving test and the way in which it was conducted.
- 58% supported a restriction on night-time driving (11pm-4am) for newly qualified young drivers.
More top news
Events company Secret Cinema is planning to screen a film in protest at what they have called the 'censorship' of The Interview.
Sepp Blatter's £19 million attempt to immortalise Fifa on screen could do with a sequel. How about The Untouchables or The Usual Suspects?
Some of the children at the Royal Free Hospital in London were less than impressed with their visit from Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.