- As many 5,419 people were killed or seriously injured in accidents involving at least one young car driver last year.
- In 2011, 2,776 young people were killed or seriously injured on UK roads . Rural areas top the list of places that accidents are most likely to happen.
- The single biggest cause of accidental death of young people aged 15-24 is road accident.
- 40% of 17 year old males have an accident in their first six months of driving.
- One in eight drivers is under 25, but they account for a third of people who die on UK roads.
- 18-year-old driver is three times more likely to be involved in a crash than a 48 year-old driver.
More top news
More than 400 people have died in a week of bombardment in rebel-held eastern Ghouta in Syria.
Coldest air yet to arrive
The band's hit singles include You To Me Are Everything, Can You Feel The Force?, and Can't Get By Without You.