- As many 5,419 people were killed or seriously injured in accidents involving at least one young car driver last year.
- In 2011, 2,776 young people were killed or seriously injured on UK roads . Rural areas top the list of places that accidents are most likely to happen.
- The single biggest cause of accidental death of young people aged 15-24 is road accident.
- 40% of 17 year old males have an accident in their first six months of driving.
- One in eight drivers is under 25, but they account for a third of people who die on UK roads.
- 18-year-old driver is three times more likely to be involved in a crash than a 48 year-old driver.
More top news
The smuggler turned hero - made famous by Harrison Ford - will star in his own stand-alone film, Disney says.
Presented to the American press as an LA Galaxy player, former England captain says David Beckham influenced his move Stateside.
Vulnerable young people should be allowed to stay in care until the age of 25, the children's commissioner for England has said.