- As many 5,419 people were killed or seriously injured in accidents involving at least one young car driver last year.
- In 2011, 2,776 young people were killed or seriously injured on UK roads . Rural areas top the list of places that accidents are most likely to happen.
- The single biggest cause of accidental death of young people aged 15-24 is road accident.
- 40% of 17 year old males have an accident in their first six months of driving.
- One in eight drivers is under 25, but they account for a third of people who die on UK roads.
- 18-year-old driver is three times more likely to be involved in a crash than a 48 year-old driver.
More top news
Anubis was found wandering the streets of Cairo in Egypt but is now starting a new life with his owners in El Paso, Texas.
Adam Johnson has been sacked by Sunderland, the club said in a statement.
The final protesters have left a wildlife refuge in Oregon after a 41-day occupation hitting out at the US government.