The actions are set out in a progress report published as part of the Office of Fair Trading's compliance review of the payday lending sector. It highlights concerns about:
- The adequacy of checks made by some lenders on whether loans will be affordable for borrowers.
- The proportion of loans that are not repaid on time.
- The frequency with which some lenders roll over or refinance loans.
- The lack of forbearance shown by some lenders when borrowers get into financial difficulty.
- Debt collection practices.
More top news
The brother of a taxi driver killed alongside the Afghan Taliban leader has asked police to investigate his sibling's death.
The girl's injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
A dry night ahead, with any showers fading away.