The actions are set out in a progress report published as part of the Office of Fair Trading's compliance review of the payday lending sector. It highlights concerns about:
- The adequacy of checks made by some lenders on whether loans will be affordable for borrowers.
- The proportion of loans that are not repaid on time.
- The frequency with which some lenders roll over or refinance loans.
- The lack of forbearance shown by some lenders when borrowers get into financial difficulty.
- Debt collection practices.
More top news
A bright and breezy day tomorrow with the best of the sunshine through the south and east once early mist and fog patches clear.
Thousands of people have died shortly after being declared fit to work by the Government, new figures reveal.
One billion users logged in to Facebook in a single day for the first time ever, co-founder Mark Zuckerberg announced.