The actions are set out in a progress report published as part of the Office of Fair Trading's compliance review of the payday lending sector. It highlights concerns about:
- The adequacy of checks made by some lenders on whether loans will be affordable for borrowers.
- The proportion of loans that are not repaid on time.
- The frequency with which some lenders roll over or refinance loans.
- The lack of forbearance shown by some lenders when borrowers get into financial difficulty.
- Debt collection practices.
More top news
Viewers have complained that the act between French ventriloquist Marc Metral and his dog, Miss Wendy, is cruel.
Mother of Bobbi and Christi Shepherd accuses former Thomas Cook CEO Harriet Green of trying to use their memory to gain public sympathy
Cast and crew from Coronation Street along with members of the public will attend the event at Manchester Cathedral to remember the actress.