The actions are set out in a progress report published as part of the Office of Fair Trading's compliance review of the payday lending sector. It highlights concerns about:
- The adequacy of checks made by some lenders on whether loans will be affordable for borrowers.
- The proportion of loans that are not repaid on time.
- The frequency with which some lenders roll over or refinance loans.
- The lack of forbearance shown by some lenders when borrowers get into financial difficulty.
- Debt collection practices.
More top news
Michael Fallon has received reassurances from his US counterpart that security ties with Britain will "endure" following a vote for Brexit.
On Friday, police said it appeared the girl had shot herself in the face with the weapon.
The showers will be slow-moving, heavy and thundery at times, particularly in central and eastern areas.