The actions are set out in a progress report published as part of the Office of Fair Trading's compliance review of the payday lending sector. It highlights concerns about:
- The adequacy of checks made by some lenders on whether loans will be affordable for borrowers.
- The proportion of loans that are not repaid on time.
- The frequency with which some lenders roll over or refinance loans.
- The lack of forbearance shown by some lenders when borrowers get into financial difficulty.
- Debt collection practices.
More top news
A slow start for most of us tomorrow with dribs and drabs of rain leaving some of us with a soggy journey into work.
If you're worried your online social circle is thinning out, a new browser extension will let you know who cut you loose online.
The Russian government has launched a campaign urging people to take safer selfies after after high-risk poses resulted in dozens of deaths.