The actions are set out in a progress report published as part of the Office of Fair Trading's compliance review of the payday lending sector. It highlights concerns about:
- The adequacy of checks made by some lenders on whether loans will be affordable for borrowers.
- The proportion of loans that are not repaid on time.
- The frequency with which some lenders roll over or refinance loans.
- The lack of forbearance shown by some lenders when borrowers get into financial difficulty.
- Debt collection practices.
More top news
Cyber stalkers and scammers rely on careless posts and lax security. Here are the key ways to keep your personal information private.
After years of stalking, Kerry Daynes found her pet dead in a twisted position and the message "Jill Dando" scrawled on her home fence.
The issue has been an elephant in the room for many years, and it's always been considered distasteful to debate the matter.