The actions are set out in a progress report published as part of the Office of Fair Trading's compliance review of the payday lending sector. It highlights concerns about:
- The adequacy of checks made by some lenders on whether loans will be affordable for borrowers.
- The proportion of loans that are not repaid on time.
- The frequency with which some lenders roll over or refinance loans.
- The lack of forbearance shown by some lenders when borrowers get into financial difficulty.
- Debt collection practices.
More top news
The Bond star paid tribute to Christina Knudsen after her death from cancer aged 47.
Thirteen years later, it's time to reunite with Adam, Pete, Jenny, Karen and David. Here is the first glimpse of the stars back in action.
Former leading amateur jockey JT McNamara has died aged 41