The actions are set out in a progress report published as part of the Office of Fair Trading's compliance review of the payday lending sector. It highlights concerns about:
- The adequacy of checks made by some lenders on whether loans will be affordable for borrowers.
- The proportion of loans that are not repaid on time.
- The frequency with which some lenders roll over or refinance loans.
- The lack of forbearance shown by some lenders when borrowers get into financial difficulty.
- Debt collection practices.
More top news
Some sunshine is breaking through the wintry weather as Spring arrives.
On this day in 1890 the Forth Rail Bridge was opened by the future King Edward VII and became one of the engineering marvels of the world.
Police are investigating the theft of two Harris hawks after a break-in at Loch Lomond Bird of Prey Centre in Scotland.