The actions are set out in a progress report published as part of the Office of Fair Trading's compliance review of the payday lending sector. It highlights concerns about:
- The adequacy of checks made by some lenders on whether loans will be affordable for borrowers.
- The proportion of loans that are not repaid on time.
- The frequency with which some lenders roll over or refinance loans.
- The lack of forbearance shown by some lenders when borrowers get into financial difficulty.
- Debt collection practices.
More top news
Former Israeli president Shimon Peres dies, aged 93, following a stroke two weeks ago.
The eight foot bronze statue coincides with the 75th anniversary of Eric Morecambe and Ernie Wise first appearing on stage together.
Britney Spears sung hits from all nine of her albums during her highly-anticipated appearance at the Apple Music Festival in London.