The actions are set out in a progress report published as part of the Office of Fair Trading's compliance review of the payday lending sector. It highlights concerns about:
- The adequacy of checks made by some lenders on whether loans will be affordable for borrowers.
- The proportion of loans that are not repaid on time.
- The frequency with which some lenders roll over or refinance loans.
- The lack of forbearance shown by some lenders when borrowers get into financial difficulty.
- Debt collection practices.
More top news
The 81-year-old revealed she wasn't asked to follow the hit TV show to Channel 4, and wouldn't have been tempted by the money.
Minister will fail to eliminate the gender pay gap in a generation if it continues to "ignore" evidence to help achieve its goal, MPs warn.
Report criticises ministers for lack of long term plan to recruit and retain teachers in important subjects such as physics and maths.