The actions are set out in a progress report published as part of the Office of Fair Trading's compliance review of the payday lending sector. It highlights concerns about:
- The adequacy of checks made by some lenders on whether loans will be affordable for borrowers.
- The proportion of loans that are not repaid on time.
- The frequency with which some lenders roll over or refinance loans.
- The lack of forbearance shown by some lenders when borrowers get into financial difficulty.
- Debt collection practices.
More top news
Technical experts are at the scene of the grim discovery in Bray, Co Wicklow.
Mother of Connor Sparrowhawk, who died under the care of an NHS Trust, called "vindictive cow" in voicemail allegedly sent by trust worker.
Another beautiful day for many of us with blue skies.