The actions are set out in a progress report published as part of the Office of Fair Trading's compliance review of the payday lending sector. It highlights concerns about:
- The adequacy of checks made by some lenders on whether loans will be affordable for borrowers.
- The proportion of loans that are not repaid on time.
- The frequency with which some lenders roll over or refinance loans.
- The lack of forbearance shown by some lenders when borrowers get into financial difficulty.
- Debt collection practices.
More top news
Chelsea Lauren posted a video to Instagram that appears to show Homme striking a woman holding a camera with his foot.
Wintry showers will affect northwestern areas, but elsewhere it should be a fine and bright start to the day.
London school leavers are around 25% more likely to go into higher education than their peers across England, new Ucas data has revealed.