The actions are set out in a progress report published as part of the Office of Fair Trading's compliance review of the payday lending sector. It highlights concerns about:
- The adequacy of checks made by some lenders on whether loans will be affordable for borrowers.
- The proportion of loans that are not repaid on time.
- The frequency with which some lenders roll over or refinance loans.
- The lack of forbearance shown by some lenders when borrowers get into financial difficulty.
- Debt collection practices.
More top news
Ryan Bowen had been planning this baby-piloted battle-mech since before his son was born.
President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama handed out treats at a White House Halloween party.
Hazmat suits are in rapid production as China beefs up its defences amid fears it will pay a big price for £131bn business ties with Africa.