Police said in a statement that "initial indications" suggested a week-old-boy in Shropshire died as a result of being bitten by the dog.
Our investigation is ongoing but it appears that the baby died as a result of a dog bite. The dog in question was a family pet - a Jack Russell - and this animal has been put down.
A post-mortem will be taking place to establish the exact cause of this baby's death but at this stage it does appear to be a tragic accident.
More top news
Bitter with temperatures barely above freezing.
A 14-year-old girl was declared dead at the property before an eight-year-old boy and seven-year-old girl died in hospital.