- Lord Hall took up his position as Chief Executive of the Royal Opera House in April 2001
- He joined the BBC as a news trainee in 1973 and during a 28 year career at the Corporation worked his way up to Chief Executive of BBC News from 1996 to 2001
- While at the BBC he launched Radio 5 Live, BBC News 24, BBC News Online and BBC Parliament
- He is Deputy Chairman of Channel 4 Television
- Lord Hall will be the 16th Director-General of the BBC
- He will receive a salary of £450,000 per year
More top news
The boyfriend of the 25-year-old victim is in police custody following a manhunt in Arctic conditions of -30C.
Some dense fog is likely in the southeast, whilst brighter breaks are possible across eastern Scotland, northern England and north Wales.
When asked if he was joking or not, Mr Biden paused briefly before saying: "I’m not committing not to run. I’m not committed to anything."