- 1 million motorists have been caught illegally using a hand-held mobile phone when driving since legislation was introduced in 2003.
- 33% of motorists admit to still using their handset while behind the wheel.
- 1/5 of motorists think it is acceptable to use a hand-held phone when driving regardless of the law.
- 100,000 motorists are fined for using a mobile every year.
- 350,000 motorists have admitted they nearly had an accident/came close to one due to being distracted by their mobiles in the past year.
- Drivers using their phones are twice as likely to drive erratically - including sudden braking, reckless driving and speeding.
More top news
Scotland could see heavy rain and localised flooding but for the rest of us it should be a dry and mild Sunday.
Former Oasis star Liam Gallagher has announced that his latest band 'Beady Eye' has split up but did not say why they are calling it a day.