- 1 million motorists have been caught illegally using a hand-held mobile phone when driving since legislation was introduced in 2003.
- 33% of motorists admit to still using their handset while behind the wheel.
- 1/5 of motorists think it is acceptable to use a hand-held phone when driving regardless of the law.
- 100,000 motorists are fined for using a mobile every year.
- 350,000 motorists have admitted they nearly had an accident/came close to one due to being distracted by their mobiles in the past year.
- Drivers using their phones are twice as likely to drive erratically - including sudden braking, reckless driving and speeding.
More top news
The Prime Minister will say Moscow's brazen flouting of international law represents a threat to the basis of democracy across Europe.
In some cases, victims of violence and other serious crimes face long delays as forces are unable to dispatch officers promptly.
Mr Corbyn will highlight increases of almost 6% in council tax bills across the country.