- 1 million motorists have been caught illegally using a hand-held mobile phone when driving since legislation was introduced in 2003.
- 33% of motorists admit to still using their handset while behind the wheel.
- 1/5 of motorists think it is acceptable to use a hand-held phone when driving regardless of the law.
- 100,000 motorists are fined for using a mobile every year.
- 350,000 motorists have admitted they nearly had an accident/came close to one due to being distracted by their mobiles in the past year.
- Drivers using their phones are twice as likely to drive erratically - including sudden braking, reckless driving and speeding.
More top news
M&S has released an initial list of either definite or proposed store closures as it looks to shut over 100 stores by 2022.
Thousands got tattoos of the Manchester bee as a sign of solidarity after the attack, with their impact going beyond ink on their skin.
Former soldier Christopher Butcher, 35, struggled with post-traumatic stress disorder before his death, an inquest heard.