- 1 million motorists have been caught illegally using a hand-held mobile phone when driving since legislation was introduced in 2003.
- 33% of motorists admit to still using their handset while behind the wheel.
- 1/5 of motorists think it is acceptable to use a hand-held phone when driving regardless of the law.
- 100,000 motorists are fined for using a mobile every year.
- 350,000 motorists have admitted they nearly had an accident/came close to one due to being distracted by their mobiles in the past year.
- Drivers using their phones are twice as likely to drive erratically - including sudden braking, reckless driving and speeding.
More top news
Mark Acklom, who wanted over an alleged £850k romance scam, is believed to be with his wife and two daughters.
The denial came after a German paper reported that Theresa May was also said to have appeared "despondent and discouraged" at the dinner.
Jamie Harron was arrested in July over an incident in which he said he put his hand on a man's hip to avoid spilling a drink in a bar.