- The report found that one in ten NHS hospitals did not meet basic respect and dignity standards.
- And at 15% of 2,500 nursing homes there was a lack of respectful care.
- Inspectors noted that 20% of 1,362 nursing homes and residential care homes and 15% of 258 NHS hospitals failed to ensure that the people in their care were given the food and drink they need or helped them to eat or drink.
- It found that 16% of 250 NHS hospitals did not have adequate staffing levels and a quarter of nursing homes failed to meet the CQC staff standards.
- More than one in five NHS hospitals failed to meet standards in medicine management and 22% had poor record keeping, inspectors found.
More top news
Nick Clegg has sent a campaign leaflet to his constituents with no Liberal Democrat logo and minimal mention of the party.
Rain continues to move eastwards in the south tonight, the north, frosty with the clear skies.
Daily Dose, a short summary of the day's election campaign stories.