- The report found that one in ten NHS hospitals did not meet basic respect and dignity standards.
- And at 15% of 2,500 nursing homes there was a lack of respectful care.
- Inspectors noted that 20% of 1,362 nursing homes and residential care homes and 15% of 258 NHS hospitals failed to ensure that the people in their care were given the food and drink they need or helped them to eat or drink.
- It found that 16% of 250 NHS hospitals did not have adequate staffing levels and a quarter of nursing homes failed to meet the CQC staff standards.
- More than one in five NHS hospitals failed to meet standards in medicine management and 22% had poor record keeping, inspectors found.
More top news
The Bank of England has launched a secret project looking at the economic risk to Britain if the country votes to leave the European Union.
The actress and The Only Way Is Essex star Mark Wright will become husband and wife over the Bank Holiday weekend.
The annual event has earned a place in the record books ahead of the grand final of the 60th anniversary show in Austria this evening.