Larry Hagman, who has died aged 81, tasted stardom for the first time in the mid 1960s but it was his role as JR Ewing that brought him worldwide fame.
- He met his wife Maj Axelsson, a Swedish designer, while in England with the US Air Force
- Hagman became a star in 1965 in the TV comedy series ‘I Dream of Jeannie’, in which he played an astronaut
- He landed the role of merciless oil magnate JR Ewing, the character at the centre of the show Dallas, in 1977
- Hagman also acted in films such as ‘Nixon’ and ‘Primary Colors’
- Earlier this year he appeared in a new 10-episode series of Dallas, with a second series in production and due to run next year
More top news
The scan of the object will begin on Wednesday, with astronomers using four different radio frequency bands. It will last around 10 hours.
Wednesday will be cloudy with more breezy and wet weather for many of us.
They met the stars of the new Star Wars movie at the Royal Albert Hall in London, arriving on the red carpet to be greeted by robot BB-8.