Larry Hagman, who has died aged 81, tasted stardom for the first time in the mid 1960s but it was his role as JR Ewing that brought him worldwide fame.
- He met his wife Maj Axelsson, a Swedish designer, while in England with the US Air Force
- Hagman became a star in 1965 in the TV comedy series ‘I Dream of Jeannie’, in which he played an astronaut
- He landed the role of merciless oil magnate JR Ewing, the character at the centre of the show Dallas, in 1977
- Hagman also acted in films such as ‘Nixon’ and ‘Primary Colors’
- Earlier this year he appeared in a new 10-episode series of Dallas, with a second series in production and due to run next year
More top news
The former shadow work and pensions secretary is considered a more viable candidate than Angela Eagle, a Labour source has told ITV News.
Between eight and 10 people have been rescued following the raid, according to Bangladeshi police.
Right-wing think tank warns leaving the UK in order to remain in the EU would turn Scotland into 'Greece without the sun'.