Larry Hagman, who has died aged 81, tasted stardom for the first time in the mid 1960s but it was his role as JR Ewing that brought him worldwide fame.
- He met his wife Maj Axelsson, a Swedish designer, while in England with the US Air Force
- Hagman became a star in 1965 in the TV comedy series ‘I Dream of Jeannie’, in which he played an astronaut
- He landed the role of merciless oil magnate JR Ewing, the character at the centre of the show Dallas, in 1977
- Hagman also acted in films such as ‘Nixon’ and ‘Primary Colors’
- Earlier this year he appeared in a new 10-episode series of Dallas, with a second series in production and due to run next year
More top news
The Black Friday madness got started early with police called to deal with hordes of frenzied bargain-hunters across the UK.
Paul Kohler, who was set on by four Polish men, said the attack was a thuggery issue, not an immigration problem.
Cricket stars, celebrities and fans have joined a social media campaign paying tribute to Phil Hughes by leaving their cricket bats out.