Larry Hagman, who has died aged 81, tasted stardom for the first time in the mid 1960s but it was his role as JR Ewing that brought him worldwide fame.
- He met his wife Maj Axelsson, a Swedish designer, while in England with the US Air Force
- Hagman became a star in 1965 in the TV comedy series ‘I Dream of Jeannie’, in which he played an astronaut
- He landed the role of merciless oil magnate JR Ewing, the character at the centre of the show Dallas, in 1977
- Hagman also acted in films such as ‘Nixon’ and ‘Primary Colors’
- Earlier this year he appeared in a new 10-episode series of Dallas, with a second series in production and due to run next year
More top news
A dead foetus with hands, legs, and a partially formed head was found in the stomach of a boy, 4, who had complained of stomach pains.
Heartwarming image of elementary school teacher walking pupils home prompts interest in a scheme that has been running for three years.
The PM used his speech at the Tory party conference to take a swipe at Labour rival Jeremy Corbyn but what else did he have to say.