Larry Hagman, who has died aged 81, tasted stardom for the first time in the mid 1960s but it was his role as JR Ewing that brought him worldwide fame.
- He met his wife Maj Axelsson, a Swedish designer, while in England with the US Air Force
- Hagman became a star in 1965 in the TV comedy series ‘I Dream of Jeannie’, in which he played an astronaut
- He landed the role of merciless oil magnate JR Ewing, the character at the centre of the show Dallas, in 1977
- Hagman also acted in films such as ‘Nixon’ and ‘Primary Colors’
- Earlier this year he appeared in a new 10-episode series of Dallas, with a second series in production and due to run next year
More top news
Defence Secretary James Mattis has distanced himself from Mr Trump's assessment of the media, as has Republican senator John McCain.
A two-year-old boy was found dead in a Perthshire river after being reported missing on Sunday morning.
Eagle-eyed Twitter users spotted that a campaign photo the party claimed was in Stoke on Trent, was actually in Bolton.