Larry Hagman, who has died aged 81, tasted stardom for the first time in the mid 1960s but it was his role as JR Ewing that brought him worldwide fame.
- He met his wife Maj Axelsson, a Swedish designer, while in England with the US Air Force
- Hagman became a star in 1965 in the TV comedy series ‘I Dream of Jeannie’, in which he played an astronaut
- He landed the role of merciless oil magnate JR Ewing, the character at the centre of the show Dallas, in 1977
- Hagman also acted in films such as ‘Nixon’ and ‘Primary Colors’
- Earlier this year he appeared in a new 10-episode series of Dallas, with a second series in production and due to run next year
More top news
What's your opinion on parents being told by headteachers they will be reported to police if they let children play over 18 computer games
Pilots with a history of depression should not be banned from flying, a leading British psychiatrist has said.
Parents have been told by teachers they'll be reported to police and social services if children to play Call of Duty or Grand Theft Auto