- 12th October 2004 Yasser Arafat falls ill at his compound. He is flown to a French military hospital for treatment
- 11th November 2004 He passes away at the age of 75
- September 2005 The New York Times obtains a copy of his medical records which shows that he died as a result of a stroke caused by an unknown infection
- July 2012 An investigation by Al Jazeera reveals high traces of the poison polonium in his personal possessions
- August 2012 French prosecutors launch an investigation after Swiss scientists find traces of radioactive polonium-210 in Yasser Arafat's belongings
More top news
Jeremy Corbyn has accused Theresa May of producing a "bargain-basement Brexit" plan and "demeaning" the UK's European standing.
The family said that there will "always be a welcome in Wales" for the former intelligence analyst and whistleblower.
British tennis player Dan Evans has caused a shock by beating No.7 seed Marin Cilic in four sets at the Australian Open.