- 12th October 2004 Yasser Arafat falls ill at his compound. He is flown to a French military hospital for treatment
- 11th November 2004 He passes away at the age of 75
- September 2005 The New York Times obtains a copy of his medical records which shows that he died as a result of a stroke caused by an unknown infection
- July 2012 An investigation by Al Jazeera reveals high traces of the poison polonium in his personal possessions
- August 2012 French prosecutors launch an investigation after Swiss scientists find traces of radioactive polonium-210 in Yasser Arafat's belongings
More top news
Police have released CCTV in a bid to catch the thieves who raided a children's play centre, taking money from collection boxes and a till.
A hedgehog, a parrot, and a dozen dogs are among the pets needing new accommodation after the evacuation of the Chalcots estate.
Mixed fortunes across the UK tomorrow. Still breezy across the north.