- 12th October 2004 Yasser Arafat falls ill at his compound. He is flown to a French military hospital for treatment
- 11th November 2004 He passes away at the age of 75
- September 2005 The New York Times obtains a copy of his medical records which shows that he died as a result of a stroke caused by an unknown infection
- July 2012 An investigation by Al Jazeera reveals high traces of the poison polonium in his personal possessions
- August 2012 French prosecutors launch an investigation after Swiss scientists find traces of radioactive polonium-210 in Yasser Arafat's belongings
More top news
A protest against Black Friday sales, urging people to buy nothing at all instead, has attracted tens of thousands of supporters in the UK.
Republican presidential contender Donald Trump has been heavily criticised after appearing to mock a disabled reporter at a rally.
We currently have mild air for late November, but some cold air is on the horizon.