- 12th October 2004 Yasser Arafat falls ill at his compound. He is flown to a French military hospital for treatment
- 11th November 2004 He passes away at the age of 75
- September 2005 The New York Times obtains a copy of his medical records which shows that he died as a result of a stroke caused by an unknown infection
- July 2012 An investigation by Al Jazeera reveals high traces of the poison polonium in his personal possessions
- August 2012 French prosecutors launch an investigation after Swiss scientists find traces of radioactive polonium-210 in Yasser Arafat's belongings
More top news
A manhunt for a suspected fugitive gunman has ended after he handed himself in to police.
Ben Mee has picked up six player of the year awards at Burnley this season and is focused on the club's return to the Premier League.
The company has adapted its range to create two polishes based on the spices used for their chicken recipes.