- 12th October 2004 Yasser Arafat falls ill at his compound. He is flown to a French military hospital for treatment
- 11th November 2004 He passes away at the age of 75
- September 2005 The New York Times obtains a copy of his medical records which shows that he died as a result of a stroke caused by an unknown infection
- July 2012 An investigation by Al Jazeera reveals high traces of the poison polonium in his personal possessions
- August 2012 French prosecutors launch an investigation after Swiss scientists find traces of radioactive polonium-210 in Yasser Arafat's belongings
More top news
Police have held two men over the death of Inga Maria Hauser in Northern Ireland, 30 years after the murder.
Every train run by the UK’s busiest franchise, Govia Thameslink Railway was rescheduled from Sunday.
Hours after the former actress had exchanged vows with Prince Harry, the royal site had been updated to reflect its newest member.