- 12th October 2004 Yasser Arafat falls ill at his compound. He is flown to a French military hospital for treatment
- 11th November 2004 He passes away at the age of 75
- September 2005 The New York Times obtains a copy of his medical records which shows that he died as a result of a stroke caused by an unknown infection
- July 2012 An investigation by Al Jazeera reveals high traces of the poison polonium in his personal possessions
- August 2012 French prosecutors launch an investigation after Swiss scientists find traces of radioactive polonium-210 in Yasser Arafat's belongings
More top news
The cold weather is set to continue over the next few days with further wintry showers and icy patches, particularly at night.
Some child abuse survivors say they received death threats after MPs published their details online.
Coronation Street has found another actress to play Bethany Platt, after a previous one was dropped for lying about her age.