- 12th October 2004 Yasser Arafat falls ill at his compound. He is flown to a French military hospital for treatment
- 11th November 2004 He passes away at the age of 75
- September 2005 The New York Times obtains a copy of his medical records which shows that he died as a result of a stroke caused by an unknown infection
- July 2012 An investigation by Al Jazeera reveals high traces of the poison polonium in his personal possessions
- August 2012 French prosecutors launch an investigation after Swiss scientists find traces of radioactive polonium-210 in Yasser Arafat's belongings
More top news
A man and a woman stabbed to death in Cardiff city centre were Matalan employees it has been confirmed.
Police believe a tree currently growing near the farmhouse where the 21-month-old toddler was last seen in 1991 was not there at the time.
The 21-year-old was using a portable toilet in Sydney when he was bitten near to the same area as in a previous incident in April.