- 12th October 2004 Yasser Arafat falls ill at his compound. He is flown to a French military hospital for treatment
- 11th November 2004 He passes away at the age of 75
- September 2005 The New York Times obtains a copy of his medical records which shows that he died as a result of a stroke caused by an unknown infection
- July 2012 An investigation by Al Jazeera reveals high traces of the poison polonium in his personal possessions
- August 2012 French prosecutors launch an investigation after Swiss scientists find traces of radioactive polonium-210 in Yasser Arafat's belongings
More top news
The former presidential candidate, who has herself been the target of false news reports, said such stories had 'real-world consequences'.
London councils recorded the largest surpluses, with the capital's 33 local authorities accounting for 44% of the total figure.
Outbreaks of rain will move slowly from north to west but otherwise a mainly dry day ahead.