- 12th October 2004 Yasser Arafat falls ill at his compound. He is flown to a French military hospital for treatment
- 11th November 2004 He passes away at the age of 75
- September 2005 The New York Times obtains a copy of his medical records which shows that he died as a result of a stroke caused by an unknown infection
- July 2012 An investigation by Al Jazeera reveals high traces of the poison polonium in his personal possessions
- August 2012 French prosecutors launch an investigation after Swiss scientists find traces of radioactive polonium-210 in Yasser Arafat's belongings
More top news
Some showers in the north will be enough to produce hail and thunder but it should be a drier and brighter day in the south and east.
Leonie Granger deliberately targeted Mehmet Hassan, who was robbed and kicked to death by two men she let into his flat.
Pop and soul singer Sam Smith has cancelled the rest of his Australian tour after doctors discovered a haemorrhage on his vocal cords.