- 12th October 2004 Yasser Arafat falls ill at his compound. He is flown to a French military hospital for treatment
- 11th November 2004 He passes away at the age of 75
- September 2005 The New York Times obtains a copy of his medical records which shows that he died as a result of a stroke caused by an unknown infection
- July 2012 An investigation by Al Jazeera reveals high traces of the poison polonium in his personal possessions
- August 2012 French prosecutors launch an investigation after Swiss scientists find traces of radioactive polonium-210 in Yasser Arafat's belongings
More top news
ITV's Good Morning Britain was forced off the air in an unusually abrupt fashion this morning after a fire alarm interrupted the broadcast.
The answer is it's not Britain. See where the UK ranks out of the 28 EU member states.
Most disabled people say they are treated differently by strangers and reveal common gaffes for Scope's #EndTheAwkward campaign.