- 12th October 2004 Yasser Arafat falls ill at his compound. He is flown to a French military hospital for treatment
- 11th November 2004 He passes away at the age of 75
- September 2005 The New York Times obtains a copy of his medical records which shows that he died as a result of a stroke caused by an unknown infection
- July 2012 An investigation by Al Jazeera reveals high traces of the poison polonium in his personal possessions
- August 2012 French prosecutors launch an investigation after Swiss scientists find traces of radioactive polonium-210 in Yasser Arafat's belongings
More top news
Thousands of junior doctors and their supporters, wearing surgical masks, will hold a demonstration over pay and conditions.
The eight-month-old female pup, which was severely underweight and dehydrated, was asleep in a dining booth.
The improving state school standards mean more parents are choosing not to pay for private education according to the Good Schools Guide.