- 12th October 2004 Yasser Arafat falls ill at his compound. He is flown to a French military hospital for treatment
- 11th November 2004 He passes away at the age of 75
- September 2005 The New York Times obtains a copy of his medical records which shows that he died as a result of a stroke caused by an unknown infection
- July 2012 An investigation by Al Jazeera reveals high traces of the poison polonium in his personal possessions
- August 2012 French prosecutors launch an investigation after Swiss scientists find traces of radioactive polonium-210 in Yasser Arafat's belongings
More top news
David Cameron has described the Institute of Fiscal Studies as a 'gold standard' group of experts, as it warned of 'Brexit' dangers.
Eric Cantona. The King of Manchester. Picture it now, a dead pigeon on his head with its blood pouring down his face.
The number of antibiotics being prescribed by GPs in England has fallen by 2.6 million.