- 12th October 2004 Yasser Arafat falls ill at his compound. He is flown to a French military hospital for treatment
- 11th November 2004 He passes away at the age of 75
- September 2005 The New York Times obtains a copy of his medical records which shows that he died as a result of a stroke caused by an unknown infection
- July 2012 An investigation by Al Jazeera reveals high traces of the poison polonium in his personal possessions
- August 2012 French prosecutors launch an investigation after Swiss scientists find traces of radioactive polonium-210 in Yasser Arafat's belongings
More top news
Singer Rita Ora has been hospitalised after reportedly suffering from exhaustion just hours after the man who burgled her home was jailed.
ITV News has obtained a copy of an email from Michael Gove to Boris Johnson written after the UK voted to leave the EU.
A woman who killed her mother by strangling her with a scarf because she thought she was a "witch" has been sentenced to life.