The The Office of Fair Trading is advising that if you have an NHS dentist you are entitled to the following;
- To a wide range of treatment that you need to get your mouth, teeth and gums as healthy and pain free as possible.
- If your NHS dentist says you need a particular type of treatment, you shouldnt be required to pay for it privately.
- Private options may be discussed, such as cosmetic alternatives or specialist treatments like dental implants, its your choice whether you take them.
- Even if your treatment involves a number of visits, you will only pay one charge for each complete course of NHS treatment.
- Should NHS treatment fail within 12 months, your dentist should repair or redo most treatment free of charge, unless you were advised the treatment was unlikely to be a long-term solution.