- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
- If you feel like eating, eat foods that are easy to digest.
- Take paracetamol for any fever or aches and pains.
- Stay at home and don't go to the doctor, because norovirus is contagious and there is nothing the doctor can do while you have it.
- However, contact your GP to seek advice if your symptoms last longer than a few days or if you already have a serious illness.
More top news
A great-grandmother who completed a skydive to raise money for the hospice which cared for her husband has vowed to do it again at 90.
Urban Outfitters has apologised for a 'red-stained' sweater bearing the logo of a US university where four students were shot dead in 1970.
Edinburgh's poet laureate has offered some words of reconciliation as Scotland prepares to vote on independence in just two days' time.