- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
- If you feel like eating, eat foods that are easy to digest.
- Take paracetamol for any fever or aches and pains.
- Stay at home and don't go to the doctor, because norovirus is contagious and there is nothing the doctor can do while you have it.
- However, contact your GP to seek advice if your symptoms last longer than a few days or if you already have a serious illness.
More top news
Thierry Henry's comical reaction to the sacking of Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers sent Twitter into overdrive.
A daughter kissed her "dead" mother goodbye - only to find out that the hospital had made a mistake and her mother was still alive.
A nurse trying to identify a badly wounded hit-and-run victim suffered heartbreak when she discovered it was her own brother.