- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
- If you feel like eating, eat foods that are easy to digest.
- Take paracetamol for any fever or aches and pains.
- Stay at home and don't go to the doctor, because norovirus is contagious and there is nothing the doctor can do while you have it.
- However, contact your GP to seek advice if your symptoms last longer than a few days or if you already have a serious illness.
More top news
Frequent snowfall expected across much of the north this evening and strong northeasterly winds will make it feel noticeably cooler.
Tesco recalls own-brand squash after customers complain of "disgusting taste" and parents worry it may have caused children's stomach upset.
Bradford City co-chairman Mark Lawn has blasted TV broadcasters over their FA Cup fifth round match choices