- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
- If you feel like eating, eat foods that are easy to digest.
- Take paracetamol for any fever or aches and pains.
- Stay at home and don't go to the doctor, because norovirus is contagious and there is nothing the doctor can do while you have it.
- However, contact your GP to seek advice if your symptoms last longer than a few days or if you already have a serious illness.
More top news
Emergency services have declared a "major incident" in Leicester following reports of an explosion.
Parts of the UK will feel colder than the Arctic Circle in the coming week as bitter winds make it feel -15C in some places.