- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
- If you feel like eating, eat foods that are easy to digest.
- Take paracetamol for any fever or aches and pains.
- Stay at home and don't go to the doctor, because norovirus is contagious and there is nothing the doctor can do while you have it.
- However, contact your GP to seek advice if your symptoms last longer than a few days or if you already have a serious illness.
More top news
The triggering of Article 50 has dominated newspaper headlines on Thursday, with many focusing on a possible threat over security by Ms May.
Twelve people have been killed and three injured after a pick-up truck and a church minibus crashed head-on in Texas.
Revenge porn offenders who attempt to magnify their targets' humiliation will face the toughest penalties under new sentencing proposals.