- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
- If you feel like eating, eat foods that are easy to digest.
- Take paracetamol for any fever or aches and pains.
- Stay at home and don't go to the doctor, because norovirus is contagious and there is nothing the doctor can do while you have it.
- However, contact your GP to seek advice if your symptoms last longer than a few days or if you already have a serious illness.
More top news
A stage adaptation the Strictly Ballroom, the film credited with reviving ballroom dancing, has opened in the West End.
Sunshine with muggy air & thunder incoming
Police have arrested a man wanted in connection with a burglary at the home of pensioner Richard Osborn-Brooks.