- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
- If you feel like eating, eat foods that are easy to digest.
- Take paracetamol for any fever or aches and pains.
- Stay at home and don't go to the doctor, because norovirus is contagious and there is nothing the doctor can do while you have it.
- However, contact your GP to seek advice if your symptoms last longer than a few days or if you already have a serious illness.
More top news
David Cameron is facing growing pressure for the UK to take in more of the many thousands of migrants fleeing to Europe.
China has put on its biggest display of military might in a parade to commemorate victory over Japan in World War Two.
Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban is to meet with European Union leaders in Brussels today to discuss the migration crisis.