- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
- If you feel like eating, eat foods that are easy to digest.
- Take paracetamol for any fever or aches and pains.
- Stay at home and don't go to the doctor, because norovirus is contagious and there is nothing the doctor can do while you have it.
- However, contact your GP to seek advice if your symptoms last longer than a few days or if you already have a serious illness.
More top news
The Duke of Cambridge has called England Women footballers to wish them well in their World Cup semi-final against Japan
Stories continue to emerge of the heroism and compassion of Tunisians who tried to help in the wake of the Sousse attack.
Thunderstorms continue across parts of northern England and Scotland tonight.