- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
- If you feel like eating, eat foods that are easy to digest.
- Take paracetamol for any fever or aches and pains.
- Stay at home and don't go to the doctor, because norovirus is contagious and there is nothing the doctor can do while you have it.
- However, contact your GP to seek advice if your symptoms last longer than a few days or if you already have a serious illness.
More top news
Cloud for many on Monday and the risk of freezing fog patches to the east which could take a while to clear.
Scarlett Moffatt has been crowned Queen of the Jungle in this year's I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!
Emily Middlemas has been kicked out in the X Factor semi-finals - leaving 5 After Midnight, Saara Aalto and Matt Terry through to the finals