- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
- If you feel like eating, eat foods that are easy to digest.
- Take paracetamol for any fever or aches and pains.
- Stay at home and don't go to the doctor, because norovirus is contagious and there is nothing the doctor can do while you have it.
- However, contact your GP to seek advice if your symptoms last longer than a few days or if you already have a serious illness.
More top news
Fifa is facing a battle to keep World Cup sponsorship deals after several senior officials were arrested on suspicion of corruption.
EastEnders bosses have promised to send Jake Wood's character "out with a bang".
Bono said the death of Dennis Sheehan, who had been the band's manager for more than 30 years, was like "losing a family member".