- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
- If you feel like eating, eat foods that are easy to digest.
- Take paracetamol for any fever or aches and pains.
- Stay at home and don't go to the doctor, because norovirus is contagious and there is nothing the doctor can do while you have it.
- However, contact your GP to seek advice if your symptoms last longer than a few days or if you already have a serious illness.
More top news
Ben Moynihan attacked three women in random stabbings when he was 17 because he could not lose his virginity.
The cable car at Ciampinoi in Italy ground to a halt after high winds blew a tree over the cable deeming it unsafe.
A school has defended its decision to stop a pupil taking part in World Book Day while wearing a Fifty Shades costume.