- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
- If you feel like eating, eat foods that are easy to digest.
- Take paracetamol for any fever or aches and pains.
- Stay at home and don't go to the doctor, because norovirus is contagious and there is nothing the doctor can do while you have it.
- However, contact your GP to seek advice if your symptoms last longer than a few days or if you already have a serious illness.
More top news
A transgender inmate has been found dead at Woodhill Prison in Milton Keynes.
Lexxie Harford has received hundreds of positive comments online after she decided to take social media to display her birthmark.
The opt-out system and the great generosity of families like Richard Taylor's brings great hope to those waiting for an organ transplant.