- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
- If you feel like eating, eat foods that are easy to digest.
- Take paracetamol for any fever or aches and pains.
- Stay at home and don't go to the doctor, because norovirus is contagious and there is nothing the doctor can do while you have it.
- However, contact your GP to seek advice if your symptoms last longer than a few days or if you already have a serious illness.
More top news
The 23-year-old dived to his second World Championships 10-metres platform title in Budapest on Saturday.
Heavy rain continues across southern Scotland/northern England and the southwest.
Staff at the hospital treating critically-ill baby Charlie Gard have received "shocking" abuse including death threats over the case.