- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
- If you feel like eating, eat foods that are easy to digest.
- Take paracetamol for any fever or aches and pains.
- Stay at home and don't go to the doctor, because norovirus is contagious and there is nothing the doctor can do while you have it.
- However, contact your GP to seek advice if your symptoms last longer than a few days or if you already have a serious illness.
More top news
Party rules state the new Tory leader will be announced on 9 September, but the way things are going it could all happen much sooner.
Contrary to Michael Gove's belief, people do need experts, now more than ever as we work out what leaving the EU actually means.
Cool and breezy for the time of year