- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
- If you feel like eating, eat foods that are easy to digest.
- Take paracetamol for any fever or aches and pains.
- Stay at home and don't go to the doctor, because norovirus is contagious and there is nothing the doctor can do while you have it.
- However, contact your GP to seek advice if your symptoms last longer than a few days or if you already have a serious illness.
More top news
Northern and Western areas keep best of sunshine in next few days.
Harambe the gorilla was shot and killed in order to rescue a four-year-old who had fallen into his enclosure.
Merve Buyuksarac, who was crowned Miss Turkey in 2006, was handed a 14-month suspended sentence for sharing a satirical poem on Instagram.