- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
- If you feel like eating, eat foods that are easy to digest.
- Take paracetamol for any fever or aches and pains.
- Stay at home and don't go to the doctor, because norovirus is contagious and there is nothing the doctor can do while you have it.
- However, contact your GP to seek advice if your symptoms last longer than a few days or if you already have a serious illness.
More top news
A scheme to test potential cancer patients at mobile units in shopping centre car parks is to be expanded.
Wine is still a political business in Moldova - and the post-Soviet country is using the skills of the past to secure its future.
Forest fires are a natural part of the landscape in the American West - but they’re on the rise and getting bigger and more dangerous.