- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
- If you feel like eating, eat foods that are easy to digest.
- Take paracetamol for any fever or aches and pains.
- Stay at home and don't go to the doctor, because norovirus is contagious and there is nothing the doctor can do while you have it.
- However, contact your GP to seek advice if your symptoms last longer than a few days or if you already have a serious illness.
More top news
The Serious Fraud Office has been fined £180k after confidential documents from a high-profile investigation were sent to the wrong person.
British hopes for a sunny Easter break have been dealt a blow with forecasters warning of a week of wind, rain and even snow.
More than one in five school staff have had a false allegation made against them by a pupil, according to a survey.