- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly with soap and water, particularly after using the toilet and before preparing food.
- Do not share towels and flannels.
- Disinfect any surfaces or objects that could be contaminated with the virus. It is best to use a bleach-based household cleaner.
- Wash any clothing or bedding that could have become contaminated with the virus. Wash the items separately and on a hot wash to ensure that the virus is killed.
- Flush away any infected faeces or vomit in the toilet and clean the surrounding toilet area.
- Avoid eating raw, unwashed produce and only eat oysters from a reliable source. Oysters have been known to carry the norovirus.
More top news
A primary school has taken action after pupils brought in an variety of "worrying" packed lunches - including a two-day-old McDonalds.
A 30-year-old man was arrested in Birmingham on Sunday on suspicion of preparing terrorist acts.
Two students and their climbing instructor are feared dead after an avalanche hit a school party in Japan.