- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly with soap and water, particularly after using the toilet and before preparing food.
- Do not share towels and flannels.
- Disinfect any surfaces or objects that could be contaminated with the virus. It is best to use a bleach-based household cleaner.
- Wash any clothing or bedding that could have become contaminated with the virus. Wash the items separately and on a hot wash to ensure that the virus is killed.
- Flush away any infected faeces or vomit in the toilet and clean the surrounding toilet area.
- Avoid eating raw, unwashed produce and only eat oysters from a reliable source. Oysters have been known to carry the norovirus.
More top news
Hefty showers and longer, slow moving downpours into this evening and again on Saturday - some lively with thunder.
We are entering - and we have voted to enter - a period of intense political and economic uncertainty.
David Cameron has announced he is to resign as prime minister by October. We look at who could replace him.