- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly with soap and water, particularly after using the toilet and before preparing food.
- Do not share towels and flannels.
- Disinfect any surfaces or objects that could be contaminated with the virus. It is best to use a bleach-based household cleaner.
- Wash any clothing or bedding that could have become contaminated with the virus. Wash the items separately and on a hot wash to ensure that the virus is killed.
- Flush away any infected faeces or vomit in the toilet and clean the surrounding toilet area.
- Avoid eating raw, unwashed produce and only eat oysters from a reliable source. Oysters have been known to carry the norovirus.
More top news
The singer ended speculation over who would perform by saying "the rumors are true" to her 63 million Twitter followers on Friday morning.
There will be lighter winds for all of us than yesterday, although it will still feel cool.
Senior fashion analyst at Mintel Tamara Sender said: "For the first time ever sales of trainers have overtaken high heels."