- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly with soap and water, particularly after using the toilet and before preparing food.
- Do not share towels and flannels.
- Disinfect any surfaces or objects that could be contaminated with the virus. It is best to use a bleach-based household cleaner.
- Wash any clothing or bedding that could have become contaminated with the virus. Wash the items separately and on a hot wash to ensure that the virus is killed.
- Flush away any infected faeces or vomit in the toilet and clean the surrounding toilet area.
- Avoid eating raw, unwashed produce and only eat oysters from a reliable source. Oysters have been known to carry the norovirus.
More top news
Rurik Jutting is accused of killing Sumarti Ningsih and Seneng Mujiasih, whose bodies were found in his apartment.
The Baby singer threw his microphone on the floor and told the crowd: "Obviously Manchester can't handle me."
The Birmingham singer's dream ended when she lost out to girl group Four of Diamonds in Sunday's sing-off.