- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly with soap and water, particularly after using the toilet and before preparing food.
- Do not share towels and flannels.
- Disinfect any surfaces or objects that could be contaminated with the virus. It is best to use a bleach-based household cleaner.
- Wash any clothing or bedding that could have become contaminated with the virus. Wash the items separately and on a hot wash to ensure that the virus is killed.
- Flush away any infected faeces or vomit in the toilet and clean the surrounding toilet area.
- Avoid eating raw, unwashed produce and only eat oysters from a reliable source. Oysters have been known to carry the norovirus.
More top news
Wayne Rooney has said his community service in a garden centre after admitting drink driving is "refreshing" and "relaxing".
A "culture change" is needed to ensure building safety is prioritised over costs, a probe ordered after the Grenfell Tower fire has found.
A winter wonderland event in Northern Ireland has been cancelled after organisers apologised for falling short of expectations.