- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly with soap and water, particularly after using the toilet and before preparing food.
- Do not share towels and flannels.
- Disinfect any surfaces or objects that could be contaminated with the virus. It is best to use a bleach-based household cleaner.
- Wash any clothing or bedding that could have become contaminated with the virus. Wash the items separately and on a hot wash to ensure that the virus is killed.
- Flush away any infected faeces or vomit in the toilet and clean the surrounding toilet area.
- Avoid eating raw, unwashed produce and only eat oysters from a reliable source. Oysters have been known to carry the norovirus.
More top news
An earthquake has hit the Italian resort island of Ischia, killing at least one person and trapping around six others.
Rain in the north tonight, cloudy and humid in the south
Britain is to set out proposals to ensure that cross-border legal disputes are dealt with in a "fair and sensible way" after Brexit.